Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

UPS stole my New Avengers art....

Oh my god I am so upset. I got my package today from the Artists Choice and it was an empty envelop with the pages missing...... I really wanted this sequence of pages too. I sat home today all excited waiting for them to come. Well here are the pages that will never be mine.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:47 PM   #2
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

holy sh!t. Did you get insurance? Are you sure the sender didn't forget to put the pages in the envelope?
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #3
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

M, sorry to hear that. Those are some niiiice pages. I hope the bastich who ripped you off gets caught.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

dude please say you insured this to the max and have a UPS skull mounted on your dash now.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #5
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I assume it's insured.... I buy the stuff from the Artists Choice and he says that Fed Ex only issures art up to $500 so I'm guessing UPS insures it for the amount of it. I don't think the art was not placed in the envelope because the top of the envelope was clearing cut open.... The pages are always sent in a plastic sleave with hard masonite behind it. This was just an empty envelope.... OH I'm so pissed.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #6
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I'm not even thinking about money yet... I really wanted those.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #7
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

OUCH!! that hurts , looking forward to something and then this happen, that's tough luck man .
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
phrmcst
Fantastic Four

I am sorry. That would sure ruin my weekend.

Remember when UPS used to make you sign for everything. I would assume you did not have to sign for this or you would have refused the package when you saw that it had been opened.

I hate how some retailers put their name all of the package to anyone can see where it came from. It is like the Xbox 360's you hear about getting stolen when they are being sent back to the owner after MS repairs them because they say on the outside that they are being sent from the MS 360 repair facility.

I like how Bowen just puts "Rocky Bowen" in the sent from area of their label. Of course we all know who it is from, but to the lay person they don't have any idea that there is a golden Bucky inside.
phrmcst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrmcst
I am sorry. That would sure ruin my weekend.

Remember when UPS used to make you sign for everything. I would assume you did not have to sign for this or you would have refused the package when you saw that it had been opened.

I hate how some retailers put their name all of the package to anyone can see where it came from. It is like the Xbox 360's you hear about getting stolen when they are being sent back to the owner after MS repairs them because they say on the outside that they are being sent from the MS 360 repair facility.

I like how Bowen just puts "Rocky Bowen" in the sent from area of their label. Of course we all know who it is from, but to the lay person they don't have any idea that there is a golden Bucky inside.
The package is a yellow envelope but the address sticker is of Captain America and it's says Artists Choice, so I guess they would know it's artwork.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #10
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
I assume it's insured.... I buy the stuff from the Artists Choice and he says that Fed Ex only issures art up to $500 so I'm guessing UPS insures it for the amount of it. I don't think the art was not placed in the envelope because the top of the envelope was clearing cut open.... The pages are always sent in a plastic sleave with hard masonite behind it. This was just an empty envelope.... OH I'm so pissed.
Dang what is the world coming to! How the ups dudes even know what was in it? man I hope it works out for you somehow man.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote