Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
ramtin-s
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

where to buy those nice wooden bases

everyone!

I live in the netherlands and I can't seem to find those great wooden bases that alot of you sculptors use and are able to buy at your craft stores. Not even at craft stores!

I mean those 4" circle or oval ones with the nice edges.

I was finally able to find them at the dick blick website and they were very cheap! Like 59 cents a piece!..or is that too good to be true? :P

But when I wanted to check out, I noticed that paying with paypal was possible for US residents only.

Does anybody know wich site I can get these from? Where I can pay with paypal? Cause I don't have a credit card.

Thanks alot!
ramtin-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Do a search for "wooden plinth" on eBay and you'll find a whole load of them BIN with paypal being a payment option.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
ramtin-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
Do a search for "wooden plinth" on eBay and you'll find a whole load of them BIN with paypal being a payment option.
thanks for your input , but I didn't find anything like the ones I mean. I just found a couple rectangle ones wich I don't need currently.

are you sure that "wooden plinth" is what I should search for in ebay? do you get yours this way too? I could find an online shop with good stuff, but they only sell that fancy wood wich is a litlle costly. could you otherwise give me a link of something similair to this (unfinished wood)?
Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Check

http://www.michaels.com
http://www.pearlpaint.com/

before the pearls closed down around me that had them in the stores, but not on the web sites.

Im sure they are around, just need to keep searching for them.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If paypal is all u have, why don't u call them. I'm pretty sure they would arrange something.....but for 59 cents, you might need to buy a whole whack of them for them to even arrange something like this.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
ramtin-s

@vince vell: thanks for the links! but I couldn't find those at their site..and I don't think they ship abroad ..you people in the usa and around it(and england) are so lucky..you have all those handy products at your disposal..

@VS1976: I allready contacted them and asked if something could be worked out, but it was currently only possible with a credit card. But the good news was that they're working on making paypal available for foreign customers. They're hoping that it'll be possible some time this year.