Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 AM   #1
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

New Art day New Teen Titans Eduardo Barreto

Ok, I've been tied up on a few deals the last several months. I've completed three of these and I figured I'd highlight them here when the art came in. One I'm waiting on picking up the remaining pages from the artist. The other is ideally being mailed to me from Italy. So that leaves me to highlight these pages that came in from completed deal number 3. They came in last week but as they're oversized pages, and my scanner can't handle them, I finally got around to getting decent pics of them posted.

A bit of a backstory first. Way, way back when I was in 9th grade, I was doing some trading of comic books with a friend of mine. He started telling me about the New Teen Titans series and eventually a trade happened. I got several issues from both New Teen Titans vol. 1 and vol. 2. and was hooked.

Flash forward several years and I got an opportunity to get a number of orginal art pages from the Vol. 2 series. (ok.. quick note... these are not Perez pages, which would be amazing, but alas I don't have that type of budget). I did stumble across 10 of the original pages from New Teen Titans Vol. 2 issue 21 by Eduardo Barreto and Romeo Tanghal. Personally I really like Eduardo Barreto and I think he suffers only from not being George Perez, thus he doesn't quite get the respect that he deserves. Anyhow, 10 pages was pretty cool as the Teen Titans take on Cheshire, Mother Mayhem, Azrael, and the Church of Blood while Nightwing searches for a captured Raven and Arella. I'll post a few pages from the series and the rest can be seen in the link to my CAF (as I don't want to post all 10 pages here).

Feel free to look around, comment, tell me Barreto's not George Perez, or anything else that comes to mind. As soon as I get the other pages from those other deals in, I'll highlight those in a post. Then I have a few commissions lined up that I'm looking forward to. Anyhow.. here's the art...enjoy.

Rest of the pages can be seen here:
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryR...=1&GSub=119340
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Mean Green
Fantomah

Barreto's not George Perez...

In all seriousness, these are great. I still love the older pages where the dialogue is captured. Great action in the first page with Flash! Big congrats oceans!
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Underdog07
Hercules

nice pages - and way to be a stealth DDC
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Very nice pages - the art is great and getting pages from a long time favorite story isalways super cool

Never heard of the artist but I can tell you he is no George Perez

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
whd
Suicide Squad

Congrats! Barreto does great work!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Never heard of the artist but I can tell you he is no George Perez
I googled this and there is an artist named George Perez. And Dave, you are correct, apparently he is different than Eduardo Barreto.

I have suspicions though that they are both Romeo Tanghal.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I googled this and there is an artist named George Perez. And Dave, you are correct, apparently he is different than Eduardo Barreto.

I have suspicions though that they are both Romeo Tanghal.
There is an artist named George Perez. He's done a few things over time that people may have heard of. Really starting to make a name for himself.

He is different from Eduardo Barreto. Barreto is the artist who worked on New Teen Titans Volume 2 who came after George Perez and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez. I liked his art but it's easy to see how he's overshadowed by the previous artists on the book.

Romeo Tanghal is ubiquitous. Especially for 1980's DC art. It almost seems like he was inking everything they did in the 80's.
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans11 View Post
There is an artist named George Perez. He's done a few things over time that people may have heard of. Really starting to make a name for himself.

He is different from Eduardo Barreto. Barreto is the artist who worked on New Teen Titans Volume 2 who came after George Perez and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez. I liked his art but it's easy to see how he's overshadowed by the previous artists on the book.

Romeo Tanghal is ubiquitous. Especially for 1980's DC art. It almost seems like he was inking everything they did in the 80's.
I looked and George Perez has quite an impressive resume:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0673497/
Old 08-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Really great pages, big congrats.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote