Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 01-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Comicbookguy
Hercules

question about ms marvel statue, is this broken or stock? need help!

Hi Today after waiting for my lazy post office who didnt drop off my package yesterday, but instead decided to just make me wait another day, when the driver decided to give me a slip to go up to the post office to pick them up the following day. So Today I went to pick up my 5 figures that arrived, and noticed that the ms marvel statue was looking kind of strange when I noticed that the red ribbon around her waist has fallen off. Its haard for me to know if its broken off or did it come attachable? It looks like nothing broke off, because where it connects theres 2 little tiny squares to attch it back on. But it does not stay on tight at all. How did your come? Does yours ever fall off? Im just deciding on what my options are before emailing the seller. It looks like it could be super glued back on since theres no cracked off parts on the statue.
As for the others I got today, the sizes are kind of a relief, since in person only, they dont really look bad at all even though some are much bigger and smaller in size. I have them all bunch up together and im very happy at how they all look together. No need to separate the marvels and dc statues yet, Lol. All of these statues are amazing in person. Heres what I recieved,

Rouge reg jacket,--Just as good as I expected
1st black widow reg version--Much better in person.
psylocke-just as good as I expected.
green phoenix--better in person than any pics could do.
ms marvel---wow this this is so much bigger than I thought, nice! Much, much better than expected in person. now must get binary version. Lol.

Now since I have more of them, got to start looking for a glass lighted display shelf.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The red sash on Ms. Marvel's outfit is quite sturdy and its attached to her hips. In my opinion, one way it would break off if the statue accidentally fell to the hard floor without carpeting which I have in my home.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
The red sash on Ms. Marvel's outfit is quite sturdy and its attached to her hips. In my opinion, one way it would break off if the statue accidentally fell to the hard floor without carpeting which I have in my home.
I just emailed the seller to get his opinion. Really doesn't look too bad. But I'm deciding on what to do. I will take a closer look at it tonight. At least it was insured in the USPS. Good thing.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I wouldn't keep it if it came damaged. I would ask for an exchange (if its vendor with an online store) or complete refund. I hope you didn't purchased it used condition?
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
I wouldn't keep it if it came damaged. I would ask for an exchange (if its vendor with an online store) or complete refund. I hope you didn't purchased it used condition?
Yes I purchase it used. at least her prices are still not more than 50.00. I'm debating hard on what to do next. Will decide after work today.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
ChrisMmmm
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If you see the tabs on the back it's not broken, it probably wasn't glued good enough. Use a dab of super glue & you'll be good to go.
ChrisMmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMmmm View Post
If you see the tabs on the back it's not broken, it probably wasn't glued good enough. Use a dab of super glue & you'll be good to go.
This is correct. I'm heading towards this, only because I don't see any cracks etc. Otherwise im a super picky collector and will return it instantly.