Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 10-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

NYCC 2012: Thoughts reflections scores and pics....

Feel free to post any and all of the above here...

Had a good time at the con, always good to see NY SF folks, as well as to be back in the city that never sleeps. Felt like coming home again...

Didn't really need anything at this con, so it was a nice pressure-less con for me. Which was good, because this thing was so spread out and so completely crowded that it was difficult to get around. Artists Alley was BOOMING, which is excellent for the artists and buyers alike. That was really good to see.

Didn't see any great vendors really, though there was a ton of OA to be had. Hopefully Brother Primal will have his pics up soon, he always sees the best stuff, and always stuff I miss (the Killing Joke Joker was insane, as was the DC Dark Knight Returns on horseback). Sheesh.

I dont have any pics really, but got some cool stuff, personally (and some cute My Little Pony stuff for my daughter- thanks Katie Cook). Congrats to my boy Blkpanthr for scoring that Joker PF

Some of the NY gang was reflecting on the con, and wondering if this was the last con for us all...that perhaps the "con life" had passed us all by (aching feet, aggravated at the size of the crowd, nothing to get really). This definitely was a bit of a pain in the ass to visit - it was packed. But at the end of the day, i think I'll be back. I always enjoy NY, and to come for NYCC is a real treat for me.

Later mugs.

VM

PS - it was also great to see the Tigers beat the Yanks while I was there
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I go to the NYCC every few years just to see you guys, and the city itself; everything else is bonus.

Before it was just to see family/friends who live out there, and the area... but yeah, SF and the convention just add two more reasons.

I totally see the exhaustion factor, though; if it's just "business as usual" to go, I simply wouldn't go all four days.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
C. Bormann
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The con was just a good excuse to meet up with old friends.

It doesn't get any better than that.
C. Bormann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

here is my score...

wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
chezzrok
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Loved it!!!

Elliot Fernandez is incredible in his art!

Computerfly and Mrs., simply, are All Aces. Thanks guys!

The NYC Mafia are TOTALLY AWESOME!!

WHATA' DAMN HANG OVER!!
chezzrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Yeah that ComputerFly is a good guy...sorry i couldnt have kicked it with him longer...maybe next year...
Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Fanboy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

It's a great show but it does require a lot of stamina. Having added the 4th day to it just wipes me out, so unless I have to go that last day to pick something up, three days is plenty.

Was great to run into a few forum members in artists alley. It's always great to see what everyone else is getting in person. It's great to be able to talk to those of the same mindset while waiting on line and everyone is always great with offering advice and sharing their experience with certain artists.

I've never attended SDCC, so I don't have anything similar to compare it to, but NYCC is definitely a great time. It's just good to be able to rest once it's all over.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
skorpsta
Ghost

was there all day today sun...and for the past 2 years i only go on sun..it was ok..and no where like sat..just cant handle the crowd man...i got some good deals...ss joker pf 300 bowen classic nick fury 175 and .....i found a vendor who had a virgin mint sealed horizon solid resin mr freeze model!..to go with my other dc conversion on the base he is 10 inchs..between 1/7 and 1/8..until next year...im porb gonna do thurs and sun..or just sun.
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Magdaddy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpsta View Post
was there all day today sun...and for the past 2 years i only go on sun..it was ok..and no where like sat..just cant handle the crowd man...i got some good deals...ss joker pf 300 bowen classic nick fury 175 and .....i found a vendor who had a virgin mint sealed horizon solid resin mr freeze model!..to go with my other dc conversion on the base he is 10 inchs..between 1/7 and 1/8..until next year...im porb gonna do thurs and sun..or just sun.
I hear you about the crowd being overwhelming, the past 2 years I also only went on Sun, but this is the first year I didnt go at all. I waited to long to get a ticket & def regret it.
Def next year!
Magdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote