Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Mile High Comics sale. Am i wrong?

I frequently go to Mile High Comics warehouse where they have thousands upon thousands of books. They have a $1 section, a $3 section, and then an area with cabinets for many other back issue comics, and then up on the walls are thousands of the higher priced back issue comics. Two weeks ago i went for a 50 $1 books for $20 sale. On black Friday they had a 60% off all back issue comics. So i spent about 2 hours going through the $1 bin and proceeded to go to the checkout. They said the $1 books were not included in the sale. I bought out my ipad and brought up the ad and nowhere did it say the $1 books were not included. I mean technically isnt anybook that isnt the current month a "back issue"? I left the stack of books on the counter after arguing with the sales guy who said its the rules of the owner.

oh well, those $1 books will sit there forever as many of them had 10 or more copies and it will take forever for them to sell.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Underdog07
Hercules

Yes, you are wrong.

What was the question about Mile High Comics?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #3
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

From their website.

BLACK FRIDAY
November 29th

We will be holding a Sale on the weekend of Nov 29th - Dec 1st 2013

Please note that these sales apply to all of our locations (unless stated otherwise). This sale starts at 8 a.m. on Friday (Nov 29th) and will end at 5 p.m. on Sunday (Dec 1st).

* 60% Off - All Back Issue Comics (Jason Street only)
* 50% Off - All Statues and Bisques
* 50% Off - All T-Shirts and Apparel
* 50% Off - All Posters, Prints, and Portfolios
Plus the following incredible 2-1 deals:
All Toys and Action Figures - Buy One, Get One Free
All Trade Paperbacks - Buy One, Get One Free
All Comics Hardback Collections - Buy One, Get One Free

DOORBUSTER
Also as an added bonus if you are one of the first 100 people in the door on Friday after 8 a.m. and spend $20 you can get a Deadpool Annual 2013 #1 Mile High cover for $1.99. That is a savings of $17.96.

Any items that have shipped in the last 6 months or Blue stickered items not on sale. Free books are of equal or lesser value.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
ratchet
Mandarin

That's real crappy - $1 books should have been included if it didn't state otherwise on the flyer.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

As nowhere in the ad does it state that $1 comics are not included in the discounted price, it was reasonable for you to have assumed you could get them at 60% off.

However, the store has the final say in terms of what is and what isn't on sale. You as the customer have the right to buy or not buy based on price.

Were you wrong in not buying? IMO no.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
As nowhere in the ad does it state that $1 comics are not included in the discounted price, it was reasonable for you to have assumed you could get them at 60% off.

However, the store has the final say in terms of what is and what isn't on sale. You as the customer have the right to buy or not buy based on price.

Were you wrong in not buying? IMO no.
Especially after the previous sale for 50 $1 books for $20 was basically 60% off too. I was more pissed about the 2 hours i spent there picking out books. I will ask next time.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Old 11-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think there's one thing we can be sure of in this fiasco, and that is that ratchet is clearly to blame for everything.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
oh well, those $1 books will sit there forever as many of them had 10 or more copies and it will take forever for them to sell.
This is the crux of the entire scenario for me. It drives me bananas that comic stores and trade show vendors will look past moving stock to dig their heels in with the one buyer who will actually take wares off their hands.

There is a vendor that I visit annually at the local shows and poke him year after year for not taking me up on a more than fair offer on an item that he has yet to sell, for even less, 6 years later. To be honest I look forward to this part of my con experience every year.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I hope you read some of the $1 books while you spent the 2 hours looking through the bins. lol

I know its a matter of principle but I bet you wished you had purchased them now that you are sitting home without them.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote