Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Cinemaquette T-X value?

Earlier this year I bought a Cinemaquette T-X without original shipping box/styrofoam, and it arrived damaged. The head was smashed into three pieces. The statue did come with COA.
Now the head is repaired and removable, but there is still some visible damage on the back of the head. It is not that obvious where it is, but you will discover it on closer inspection.

The damage: http://imgur.com/a/U9o3y

After repair: http://imgur.com/a/dYhEY

I'm also not sure how much it affects the price that this statue does not have original shipper, and is repaired for damage. I tried to look on eBay to find any listings/sold listings for T-X, but they did not have anything. Since I dont have any idea what it's worth, I was hoping that I could get some help from you to estimate the value.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm probably moving soon, and I think that T-X may have to find a new home rather than join me on that ride.
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabagaZt View Post
Earlier this year I bought a Cinemaquette T-X without original shipping box/styrofoam, and it arrived damaged. The head was smashed into three pieces. The statue did come with COA.
Now the head is repaired and removable, but there is still some visible damage on the back of the head. It is not that obvious where it is, but you will discover it on closer inspection.

The damage: http://imgur.com/a/U9o3y

After repair: http://imgur.com/a/dYhEY

I'm also not sure how much it affects the price that this statue does not have original shipper, and is repaired for damage. I tried to look on eBay to find any listings/sold listings for T-X, but they did not have anything. Since I dont have any idea what it's worth, I was hoping that I could get some help from you to estimate the value.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm probably moving soon, and I think that T-X may have to find a new home rather than join me on that ride.
depends on alot more then just the box, I doubt it but does it still light up? a complete TX can go for around 1500-2500 dollars for some people but a repaired/missing box I really dont know.
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #3
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yes, the lights still works
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:13 PM   #4
ottorino
The X-Men

Mint condition with both boxes sell for over 3000 dollars.
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #5
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

This is an amazing statue so I'm sure you will find a buyer. I originally purchased mine for about $1,200 (along with the T-800 endo). Yes they typically go for $3000+. I would guess you could sell this one for $1200-$1500 as long as the lights work, there is no additional damage, and you package it super securely. There are not many TX pieces out there.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:31 AM   #6
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The best you can do is throw it up on eBay for a BIN of $3000 and provide Offer capabilities and let people throw offers at you. Don't be lame like some people and try to do $3000 BIN and then set the lowest acceptable offer at like 10% less. It's extremely annoying when sellers misuse the offer function. Let it ride to $0 and see what people want to pay for it and take the highest bid. (if someone uses the $3000 BIN I strongly recommend refunding their money and not sending it unless they have like, 400 trillion positive feedback. No but seriously don't send it unless they have decent feedback rating)

If you absolutely have to go back and forth then set counter offers accordingly. If someone wants to be an insulting lowballer with like $5.00 offers then deduct their offer from $3000 and send that as counter If someone throws an offer that makes you want to say yes then don't be afraid to counter with another $50 to a hundred or five depending on their offer price. They'll say no and meet you at the middle or whatever. Point is, the final offer is in your hands.

The best thing you can do is be absolutely honest in the auction. The last thing you need is to tell a lie or hold back information. You don't want to deal with refunds with this kind of stuff on eBay.

Knowing all of this whether by your own experience or me telling you will better help you figure out what the value of it truly is and not rely on an individuals opinion. It's not like there's a long line of broken T-Xs sold on eBay for anyone to know what the market price is. I always just set stuff at mint price and allow offers. Any other way is farting around with your time, trying to set prices based on what YOU think it's worth. Let buyers inform you of what they'll pay. You can then bump their offer up a little bit more because everyone underbids from eBay to craigslist. Don't let them off the hook, make them pay alittle bit more because they WILL.

BTW considering the piece I would do one of those long term BIN auctions and be in no hurry to accept offers, even if it means the piece goes with you to new home. Instead of taking say a $800 high offer, you might get a $1500 offer a month later. I don't know, that's up to you. T-X isn't a common piece and buyers need time to check eBay on a whim for it...
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:06 AM   #7
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Great advice Enforcer, you described exact situations I've gone through on Ebay with sellers that weren't completely honest in their description of items. And with items that have "best offer" but they're not really accepting any offers or they take like $10 bucks off and that's it, super annoying.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote