Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-03-2022, 09:30 AM   #1
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Prime 1 HALF SCALE BVS STATUES

Hello, I don't normally post so if this is not acceptable post please delete.

I have bought the FOUR original 1/2 scale BVS statues when they first came out and they are in brand new condition as the only one to touch them is me, and I dust with a spray can of air.

I NEVER thought I would even think of selling these, but I'm a contractor and I have had virtually no work going on two months so I have been selling things to help sustain me until work gets better. At that point I will feel sick to my stomach and should have held on longer, but it is what it is, a lot of people are in same boat as I am.

So I have Wonder Woman with the real hair, The batman reg version(my personal favorite) and Batman the armoured one and Superman. Is this something that anyone would be interested in?

I'm hoping if people could give me an idea if these statues are highly sought after or nobody wants them. I personally think they are the best statues I have seen with real costumes on them and not sculpted, except certain parts, But superman's is fully amazing costume and batman has full costume, and so does armoured batman have costume under the armour. WW is sculpted . To this day I have not seen better versions of these characters, so I would think they would be wanted by a lot of collectors, but that's why I'm hear, to ask and if people could suggest what I should be asking for these statues that are mint and have original boxes and everything. I don't want to sell them but its now at that point I have to . I got them for my son and his room but he understands his dad is having tough time.

SO I paid around 2000 to 2300 usd for them plus shipping and import taxes. so over all I have around 3000 usd put in to these statues each all said and done. What should I list them for. There use to be a EBAY page with links, but I don't see it anymore, and the trade, buy and sell Doesn't seem to have a lot of traffic. I was thinking that these would go for $3500 to $4000 a statue from the few I have seen sell, but would like opinion's. Id rather sell them privately and avoid evil bay if I can. Again, if this is not a proper thread, please delete or place in proper area.
Thankyou guys and gals.

If I can not at least get back what I am out of pocket for them, then I will keep them and try other stuff. I would never sell his heman collection, it means as much to him as me, but Zack snyders BVS ultimate edition is his favorite movie of all time, so I feel pretty bad, but mentioned I may have to sell them in future, and he was pretty grown up about it I have to say.

BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
pdenham
Teen Titans

Looks like the last 1/2 WW sold on ebay for $2600 USD- but with free shipping.

I'm going to be putting up a few things over the next few months, and expecting to take a bath on most of them.

Sounds like the time to be a seller was early in the pandemic, when people were suddenly stuck at home and looking for diversions.
Now people are out and about again, and experiencing the (lagging) inflationary effects from that same pandemic.

Might be a tough road for a good while.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:03 PM   #3
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Looks like the last 1/2 WW sold on ebay for $2600 USD- but with free shipping.

I'm going to be putting up a few things over the next few months, and expecting to take a bath on most of them.

Sounds like the time to be a seller was early in the pandemic, when people were suddenly stuck at home, Flush with stimulus checks and looking for diversions.
Now people are out and about again, and experiencing the (lagging) inflationary effects from that same pandemic.

Might be a tough road for a good while.
Fixed that for you

as for OP's question, I'm sorry to hear about your situation but you're doing the right thing in terms of focusing on your personal expenses. I recommend going to ebay and search the "Sold" listings for the pieces you want to sell. Take a look at the sales in the past 60-90 days for best comps, and Good Luck!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:14 PM   #4
Biggunz
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would put them up for $5k or best offer.

$3500 including shipping seems probably on low end.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:32 PM   #5
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If you're on Facebook, I'd recommend joining some buy/sell/trade groups.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:45 PM   #6
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Fixed that for you

as for OP's question, I'm sorry to hear about your situation but you're doing the right thing in terms of focusing on your personal expenses. I recommend going to ebay and search the "Sold" listings for the pieces you want to sell. Take a look at the sales in the past 60-90 days for best comps, and Good Luck!
Thanks for that...and congratulations!
There's almost no way to respond to this "fix" without the conversation devolving into topics frowned upon.

But now that you mention it, it does make me wonder if businesses like SSC (or a smaller op like Spec Fic, for that matter) got much of a bump from the stimulus check cashers...and how that might have impacted their operational health going forward?

But yeah, thank God that's over.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #7
thegeekblend
Frackin!

If I had the money I would be all over these in a second. And I second haljordan99. Join some of the BST groups on Facebook and list them there.
thegeekblend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 12:34 AM   #8
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I would put them up for $5k or best offer.

$3500 including shipping seems probably on low end.
That is bad info. They don't command those prices and never did. $3500 would be high end for any, and even less for regular suit bats. You are going to spend a ton on fees and shipping on eBay so you will probably be just about breaking even. They are great pieces though, sorry to see you have to think about moving them.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:02 AM   #9
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeekblend View Post
If I had the money I would be all over these in a second. And I second haljordan99. Join some of the BST groups on Facebook and list them there.
Welcome to the forum!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:20 AM   #10
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That is bad info. They don't command those prices and never did. $3500 would be high end for any, and even less for regular suit bats. You are going to spend a ton on fees and shipping on eBay so you will probably be just about breaking even. They are great pieces though, sorry to see you have to think about moving them.
The fees certainly suck, but after my last sale closed yesterday, eBay sent a link to their shipping label - based on the box weight and measurements I included.

If I use their label, with the same carrier, it's almost 50% less than if I ship it out on my own!?! I haven't used eBay regularly in over ten years and that blew my mind.

Curly is in Canada, so I don't know how it will work for ebay up there. Or with any cross border shipping.