Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-16-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

No more Star Wars busts from Gentle Giant for me. Its just not fun anymore. I'm no longer going to give money to a company that I don't even like.

Earlier this year I gave my clonetrooper and stormtrooper army their marching orders. Then this summer I took the rest of the collection out of my display cabinets and put them in to storage to see how I felt. I don't miss them at all.

I was thinking that maybe if I win the 5 pack of clones I might stick with it but I'm not sure it would have mattered. They would have just gone into storage with the rest of them.

I think its a combination of not liking Gentle Giant's treatment of its customers and just being burnt out on Star Wars altogether.

Good luck to all you guys that are sticking with them. It was fun for a few years but its time for me to move on.

From now on its Comic art, Sideshow and Bowen for me.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Amen brother!

Like you, I haven't been keen on GG's "Rock Star" mentallity and the treatment of it's customers. The PGM program has been a joke for everyone who got suckered into it(myself included). I quit pre-ordering anything GG realted six months ago, so whatever I have left coming (Han and Chewie maqs), that's it.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Glad to hear that I am not alone in my thoughts on Gentle Giant KK.

Its weird going from one of their biggest supporters to just being totally fed up with their nonsense.

My last bust was the Senate guard and now I am done. It feels good.

Hopefully Gentle Giant will learn from their mistakes and make it easier for the collectors that are sticking with them.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #4
kingdomhearts
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I agreed

I felt their system totally suck
Entering the raffle for 5 pack commander bust is totally bull crap. It ended up on the hands of the flippers than collectors.

Paying money out of my pocket just to improve their website and becoming a premiere guild member are a joke. Have they thought about us? I guess not.

There are maybe more than 5000 premiere guild members and they only offered 500 5 pack commander busts only. Why not offered 1500 5 pack commander busts instead? Why they have to sell them separately if they plan to sell some of them as 5 pack. This is totally ridiculous.

GG is nothing but a selfish company who tried to dig more money out of people's pocket to becoming a premiere guild member. At the end, we get nothing good in returns. SAD SAD SAD

With this kind of system that GG offered, maybe it is a good idea to back out. NO DOUBT!
Sticking to their system causes more frustration and stress, which it is not even worth it
kingdomhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Wow that's a bit too harsh there KH...

They sure suck but name one company that doesn't make product for profit and I'll give you all my collection.

I mean yeah how people keep saying BD is the only company that listen to fans blah blah blah but what are they really after?
Those bills in our pocket.

I bet Star Wars license cost them some friggin fortune and they're trying to squeeze the last bit out of it and make the license worthawhile.

But it's still a pathetic fact that GG has done so poorly and cuased fans to withdraw...
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 AM   #6
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

ok,..who's gonna sell what and where..?
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 AM   #7
thx217
Ultimates

Monster. You're not alone. I'm done with GG 6 months ago. For me, they've been slipping about a year ago. They simply lost it. Those who "really" knows how to take care of the SW line at GG are long gone.

So, who wants a instant GG collection?
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:39 AM   #8
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
ok,..who's gonna sell what and where..?
If I were you I would wait. If Gentle Giant continues to self destruct and the lose the the Star Wars license, these busts will end up going for alot less on ebay.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:28 AM   #9
Comicboy
Deadman

I hope so, I'd like to finish off my troopers before I pull the plug on GG too. Good luck to you in your new endeavors Monster! I've been switching tac as well. Still movie related, but 'other' movies.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:50 AM   #10
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
No more Star Wars busts from Gentle Giant for me. Its just not fun anymore. I'm no longer going to give money to a company that I don't even like.

Earlier this year I gave my clonetrooper and stormtrooper army their marching orders. Then this summer I took the rest of the collection out of my display cabinets and put them in to storage to see how I felt. I don't miss them at all.

I was thinking that maybe if I win the 5 pack of clones I might stick with it but I'm not sure it would have mattered. They would have just gone into storage with the rest of them.

I think its a combination of not liking Gentle Giant's treatment of its customers and just being burnt out on Star Wars altogether.

Good luck to all you guys that are sticking with them. It was fun for a few years but its time for me to move on.

From now on its Comic art, Sideshow and Bowen for me.

I am really sorry to hear that, but i can imagine and you already said you would do this long time ago.

I hope this doesn't mean you will not leaving your comments on stuff from Gentle Giant anymore. I always like reading them.
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote