Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
sdbuzzcut
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Final Fantasy Masterpiece Arts Series

I first posted this as a reply in the General Staues threads but was afraid it wouldn't be seen by Kotobukiya collectors. It is in reference to the Final Fantasy Masterpiece Arts multi-media figures...

First of all, I think all three of the pieces in the Masterpiece Arts series released so far for pre-order (Cloud Strife, Sephiroth and Gabranth) are AMAZING! I usually collect strictly resin statues so I hadn't collected mixed media premium format type figures until I was lucky enough to snag one of the damaged box Shin Akuma statues from PopCultureShock/Sideshow and I'm hooked.

That being said, I inquired as to the edition sizes for the three figures and found out they are unlimited. I am really disappointed. I thought, especially for the price point, these would be extremely limited.

I am wondering how the rest of the statue collectors feel about an unlimited number of these being produced. How does that affect your decision on whether or not to buy them?
sdbuzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
BeastX
U talkin' to me?

buy it for the art.. anyone who wants it can get it.. no burdern to the manufacturer to produce beyond what the market demand or produce more/2nd run if there is market..
BeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
KlitFisto
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I buy what I like, not because they're super limited. I have no one to impress .
KlitFisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
lockford88
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlitFisto View Post
I buy what I like, not because they're super limited. I have no one to impress .

I don't get it when people say this...I buy the piece because I like it....plain and simple...most of us here do.....but edition size does have alot to do with my ordering and the same with 99% of the people on here...high edition sizes mean you will most likely be able to get it cheaper elsewhere...there have been times I bought something...paid 300.00...it is released and has a huge edition size and you can get it for 120.00 on ebay or through etailers...now the edition size does not affect my buying...but to know i could have saved a ton of cash does....i dont have unlimited funds...so i prefer smaller edition always...i think it stinks and was going to preorder the Gabranth but now will wait because retailers will be stuck with em probably.....
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote