Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

PCS SF Line Statue Heights

I would just like some opinions on height of the PCS SF line as of course these statues are designed to be displayed together. In my opinion Guile is way to tall and seems to look out of place next to a lot of the other pieces.

Officially Ken should be 5.9 and Guile 6.1 but he towers head and shoulders above him. My girlfriend knows nothing about statues really but thought that Guile was from a different line and manufacturer due to the size difference .. different scale she said

I wonder whether Guile is too tall or Ken was made not tall enough. Cammy should only be 5.5 and yet as you can see in the pic is the exact same height as Ken?

This is the simplest stuff to get right and yet it's not
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050196.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	68891   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050200.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	68892   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050203.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	68893  
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quick follow up after some research ...

Ken Masters 5' 10" (178 cm)
Guile 6' 0" (182 cm)
Cammy 5' 5" (165 cm)
M Bison 5' 11" (180 cm)

As these statues are 1/4 scale and Guile is 4 cm taller than Ken then a quick bit of maths tells us that Guile should be only 1cm taller than Ken which is clearly not the case.

The above also tells us that Ken should be substantially taller than Cammy as I would expect from being a fan of the game. Precisely in 1/4 scale that would be 3.25cm although he is the same size and in fact Cammy may be a touch taller.

Am I going too far here to expect that the exact sizes for all of these characters is calculated in detail prior to the fabrication of the statue?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
lemonman6
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I honestly don't know if these statues are truly 1/4 scale. When I display them next to other PFs, they look kind of short. I have Ryu displayed next to the Star Wars Darth Talon and Marvel X-23, and he's just about the same height as them, which doesn't seem right.
lemonman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Jerry has stated in the past that the Street Fighter line is not a true 1/4 scale. Something in between 1/4 and 1/5. It all started with Akuma. He's also acknowledged height discrepancies.

Probably part of the problem is that he's not the sole sculptor of these pieces. Consistency is gonna be off a bit.

Probably best to enjoy them for what they are because obviously they aren't going to change.

As for Guile v Ken, one could argue that Guile's "Kid and Play" haircut and the fact he's wearing military boots where Ken is barefoot, might add to the difference. If that helps your problem any.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
Quick follow up after some research ...

Ken Masters 5' 10" (178 cm)
Guile 6' 0" (182 cm)
Cammy 5' 5" (165 cm)
M Bison 5' 11" (180 cm)

As these statues are 1/4 scale and Guile is 4 cm taller than Ken then a quick bit of maths tells us that Guile should be only 1cm taller than Ken which is clearly not the case.

The above also tells us that Ken should be substantially taller than Cammy as I would expect from being a fan of the game. Precisely in 1/4 scale that would be 3.25cm although he is the same size and in fact Cammy may be a touch taller.

Am I going too far here to expect that the exact sizes for all of these characters is calculated in detail prior to the fabrication of the statue?

Man, it's insane to see that all of these fighters are so short.I am thinking Sagat and I would be the same height (I am 6'7).
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

1/5 really? i didn't know that....
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Jerry has stated in the past that the Street Fighter line is not a true 1/4 scale. Something in between 1/4 and 1/5. It all started with Akuma. He's also acknowledged height discrepancies.

Probably part of the problem is that he's not the sole sculptor of these pieces. Consistency is gonna be off a bit.

Probably best to enjoy them for what they are because obviously they aren't going to change.

As for Guile v Ken, one could argue that Guile's "Kid and Play" haircut and the fact he's wearing military boots where Ken is barefoot, might add to the difference. If that helps your problem any.
Ok 1/4, 1/5, 1/4 & a bit scale that part I am not really worried about so much. What I do want is for the entire line to display nicely together as a team! I knew someone was gonna say guile has big hair haha.. come on man they should be roughly the same height and they are not which means I cant display Ken next to Guile as it looks kinda silly... you can clearly see this in the pics. I am sorry but the fact that different sculptors are working on these is not an excuse. The heights for all characters should be clearly decided using the available facts before the sculptors are let loose to ensure continuity of the line.

On the enjoy them as they are as they wont change point .. ok thats for sure but I can voice my opinion in the hope that the correct height of the upcoming characters is respected so that when the WW's are all displayed together they look amazing.

That would be the overall goal for both the manufacturer and the fans who display these pieces

P.S I dont really have a problem as I love these statues but do feel that the height of each statue is very important to keep in mind and for me would be above costume colour, pose, eye colour, base etc etc
Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I wrestled with this when I first received my Guile. I kept trying to take into account the poses of the other characters but Guile still seemed to BIG no matter what I told my self. His height was brought up before and Jerry defended that Guile was the correct height even with his legs so far apart. In the end I love how he came out and just had to accept (for now) that he was made to tall. Hopefully Sagat is still a giant and not hunkered down like Zangief.

I still keep pondering the idea of cutting his legs just above the boots and removing about 1/4" to 3/8' . This would make him shorter and it wouldn't be noticable unless you lift up his pants.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
borrelen
A day without sunshine is like... night.

So basically those that are bothered by height on statues which are already in our hands, want Jerry to get into Doc's DeLorean and fix them?
borrelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:49 AM   #10
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrelen View Post
So basically those that are bothered by height on statues which are already in our hands, want Jerry to get into Doc's DeLorean and fix them?
"Great Scott!"
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote