Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #91
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

So this guy had a paint issue with two Bowen statues and now all Bowen statues are sucky quality. Nice bit of logic.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #92
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
I own about 15 Bowen full sized pieces and I do love Bowen’s art. The problem that I have with this thread is that the guy complaining is right. I do not care if Bowen got played by some factory, or if he paid for what we got. What I do care about are consumers like myself paying a hefty price for various assets by numerous companies in the last several years. Here are some small examples, Xbox 360 fail rates, a company taking an OPPO blu-ray player and putting a new case around it and charging $3,000 more for it, Windows vista, Toyota and so on. This is no different than Bowen making statue’s that are not as good as companies doing the same thing. I find it even sadder that SS was used as a comparison, they have shown that their product quality has issues throughout their entire line-up. What this really comes down to is supporting each other as consumers, if none of us stand for such tomfoolery then companies will have to adjust the way they conduct business, we are the ones that make all of this happen (by that I mean the economic machine). So before someone else on this site decides to defend some company that does not have our best interest at heart, think about what I am saying.

Every company has issues. What inevitably sets one company apart from the next is how it deals with controversy. Those more inclined to think long term will likely endeavor to address and improve things as things come up (or at least appear to).

I'm not necessarily making comparisons between BD and SS as fans appear to swear by both regardless of whatever argument might be presented. All this to say that no one is forcing anyone to spend their money on anything.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #93
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

the collector needs a loud voice....enter

ralph vader....statue advocate

Old 03-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #94
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Why did you leave them in the water for two days?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #95
T-Bonz
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
i wonder if they realize that ss prices have gone up even more than bowen's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
No kidding...
ss statue are average at about 1/5 or 1/4 and bowen statues are at a puny 1/7. if bowen were to produce in the ss 1/5 or 1/4 scale, guaranteed that you guys will be paying much more for what ss is charging. bowen statues are way over priced as evident with tumbling after market retail price of majority of bowen statues.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #96
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Guss those bowen bases are more...thirsty?

And yeah perhaps you shouldn't leave them in water for 2 days.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #97
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bonz View Post
ss statue are average at about 1/5 or 1/4 and bowen statues are at a puny 1/7. if bowen were to produce in the ss 1/5 or 1/4 scale, guaranteed that you guys will be paying much more for what ss is charging. bowen statues are way over priced as evident with tumbling after market retail price of majority of bowen statues.
point is, while bowen statues have gone up in price, ss prices have gone up even more based on the same scale both companies have always made. scale is irrelevant. percentage of increase is.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #98
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

great another Bowen / SS pissing contest

Gets old real quick

All this beacuse items were left in water for 2 days that were not designed to be left in water for 2 days.

Yeah is sucks, but statues were not desinged to submerged underwater for long periods of time. And lets face it we are not talking tap water here.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #99
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
great another Bowen / SS pissing contest

Gets old real quick

All this beacuse items were left in water for 2 days that were not designed to be left in water for 2 days.

Yeah is sucks, but statues were not desinged to submerged underwater for long periods of time. And lets face it we are not talking tap water here.
not really a contest at all. this picture represents the larger sumu as sideshow's price increases compared to the rest of the market.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #100
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post

A thread of 10 pages long summed in one sentence.

And it doesn't even need a sumo picture to be precise.
Closed Thread