Boxing... Whats that? I'm only here for the statues... 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #31
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
But that entire Pound for pound thing is BS to begin with.On any give PPV those fools that do commentary always say the one of the boxers on the card is the best pound for pound boxer there.Lot of BS to hype out matches.Boxing is a joke the way it is now,there are only a hand ul of boxers that i would watch fight and give up the $60 for the ppv and oscar and Floyd werent in that handful.
Out of curiosity..who would you pay the $60 to watch? It can't be any heavyweights. I personally can't think of any boxers I'd pay to watch.

This fight should've been Mayweather vs Mosley. I think that's a much better matchup and could've been a really good fight. Mayweather was clearly worried about going up in weight and fighting a naturally bigger guy in De La Hoya. He just wanted the big payday that De La Hoya always brings his opponents. I wonder if Mayweather will run to retirement now so there's no chance of him losing that undefeated streak. His ego's so fragile I don't think he could stand getting an L on his record.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #32
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar-kar View Post
It was clearly a one sided match with all the scores going to Mayweather,how can a boxer who keeps running away from a fight win?Oscar was the most aggresive and mayweather kept on hunching and cowling like the coward he is.
Absolutely did nothing to win this fight, IMHO. His percentage of landed punches was higher, but he did nothing to hurt ODH.

Maybe thats enough in the boxing world to win a title.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #33
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Absolutely did nothing to win this fight, IMHO. His percentage of landed punches was higher, but he did nothing to hurt ODH.

Maybe thats enough in the boxing world to win a title.
no offense, but that's why it's called boxing and not hurting. Pernell Whitaker might not have been a knockout artist, but his prowess as a boxer was unquestioned. if you want your boxer to go out on a shield, De La Hoya should have thrown caution to the wind and risked the KO. he may have even done that, as i've only seen snippets of the fight, but everything i saw just confirmed what new articles have said, that Oscar couldn't catch or corner him, because Mayweather was to slick and quick of a boxer. which i thought, was the point.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #34
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
no offense, but that's why it's called boxing and not hurting. Pernell Whitaker might not have been a knockout artist, but his prowess as a boxer was unquestioned. if you want your boxer to go out on a shield, De La Hoya should have thrown caution to the wind and risked the KO. he may have even done that, as i've only seen snippets of the fight, but everything i saw just confirmed what new articles have said, that Oscar couldn't catch or corner him, because Mayweather was to slick and quick of a boxer. which i thought, was the point.
Yeah, I suppose, still the fight was not a compelling one. For a boxing purist (which clearly I am not) it might have been poetic, sweet science. But to me, just a good fight, not a great one.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #35
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Yeah, I suppose, still the fight was not a compelling one. For a boxing purist (which clearly I am not) it might have been poetic, sweet science. But to me, just a good fight, not a great one.
oh, from everything i've read you're probably 100% correct. Mayweather clearly came to win, not to fulfill his boast to kick De La Hoya's ass.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote