Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #51
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseeb13 View Post
I still don't see it as the studios fault. I guess this is because of my experience working with Sony on the video game side. Sony should not have allowed this to happen, especially with a studio that is an exclusive partner.
How can Sony tell Fox or any other studio what they can and can not put on their titles as extras. They have no say in the matter, it is entirely upto the studio that has the rights to the film/title.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #52
noseeb13
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The studios are out to make money and this is a way of doing it. Get it out before Christmas and release an Ultimate Edition in the summer. I have seen this going on for years. Sony Studios cannot tell Fox what they can and cannot release. This is nothing to do with BD.
The difference here is that when companies double dip on DVD its because they release the regular version n DVD and that is the only version that exists. Here we have the regular version on DVD, then and extended cut on DVD and a High Def release.
A high def release should not be a copy of the first DVD release because there is something more recent available. I don't see how this has nothing to do with BD, Sony is very hands on with their formats they give final approval for everything.
noseeb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #53
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezerfuel View Post
Yes, Blu-ray seems to be doing this way more than HD DVD. All the more reason I'm glad I invested in HD DVD. I just can't believe how obvious they are making it for some of these Blu-ray titles as a double dip in a few months or a year or whatever... at least put something extra on the disc. Capacity doesn't matter much to me as I only watch the extras on certain titles few and far between but it's nice to know they are there. HD DVD will be 51g soon anyway as far as I know, more than Blu-ray.

And if he doesn't then what, ban him? Change the title yourself? Blu-ray fanboys are funny.

Why would i ban him. You need to grow up.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #54
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sony is very hands on with their formats they give final approval for everything.
Maybe you could show us some details of this.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #55
noseeb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
How can Sony tell Fox or any other studio what they can and can not put on their titles as extras. They have no say in the matter, it is entirely upto the studio that has the rights to the film/title.
I had Sony reject a game that I was working on because they didn't like the number of characters that were featured and we did not have enough unlockables. I would think that the same would go for movies. Forget about the extras but at least the extended cuts of movies should be released at the same time as they are on DVD.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #56
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
I had Sony reject a game that I was working on because they didn't like the number of characters that were featured and we did not have enough unlockables. I would think that the same would go for movies. Forget about the extras but at least the extended cuts of movies should be released at the same time as they are on DVD.
Did they take on your game in the end?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #57
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
I will give the author the opportunity to do this himself. I don't want to be seen to be over moderating but I agree it would only be fair.
LOL..I love it. The title of this thread's killin you inside ain't it Bulls.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #58
noseeb13

Quote:
Did they take on your game in the end?
We had to add 6 more characters and 4 extra features.
For anyone wondering it was the first Naurto game released on PS2.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #59
noseeb13

Should we change the thread title to "BD allows Fox to cut corners"?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #60
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
I don't know, man. I think at this point, Sony needs all the support they can get. I don't think they're going to be too harda$$ about anything in regards to the movie studios. They can't afford to turn anything down.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote