Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 12-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

bubbles on kit, help.

i have this kit im working on and its full of bubbles, some were popped which is easy to fill in, but the base has a large bubble like piece and i tried cutting it out with a hobby knife, didnt work. im afraid to use the dremel because its in a corner. any advice? and if i use the dremel what piece can reach that area w/o damaging the base?>
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Full of bubbles...

I would just go ahead and get that bubble off with whatever it takes even damaging some part of the base, then I'll start repairing.
Use Aves Apoxie Sculpt to fill the corner and sand, aves, sand, aves, sand, till you get desired effect.

But not a pro here so you would want some more tips from the real deals before taking actions.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Full of bubbles...

I would just go ahead and get that bubble off with whatever it takes even damaging some part of the base, then I'll start repairing.
Use Aves Apoxie Sculpt to fill the corner and sand, aves, sand, aves, sand, till you get desired effect.

But not a pro here so you would want some more tips from the real deals before taking actions.
Good advise to follow Jen...There is no time limit on perfection...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Im working n a terrax kit atm and ran into a major bubble problem on his leg. Well it was more of a super packed air pocket. When i drilled into his joint to create a pin to attach to his body, i almost drilled thru the leg.

So in my picture you can see the red area, that was the size of the air pocket in his leg. Before i sorta poped it with my drill, the leg felt solid, but once i poped it, there was like skin there that was left. If you look closely you can see the apoxie sculpt green tint on the leg. That is filled in with tons of apoxie.

So what i did was drill out holes in the flat areas, then pushed apoixe sculpt into the air pocket. As it dried, it sorta pushed itself out of those holes which i had to sand later. So what you can do is drill up a tiny hil or two, and push in apoxie sculpt to fill it up as best as possible without having to creat a huge hold in the sculpt.

Now when i say this was a major airpocket, think of your bone, without any blood or muscles, and just skin. Thats how big this air pocket was, and even funnier how solid the leg felt before i popped it.

Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
BattyDave19
Death is hereditary.

you can alway take squadron's green putty and add laqure thiner to it to make it a liquid and then brush it in to the holes. ive used this skill a few times and swear by it
BattyDave19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
endsongjen
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

thanks for the advice guys! ive been trying and its not a bubble i think the mold had a hole and it seeped out or something. it isnt hollow. ill keep trying tho. thanks again.
endsongjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
ScootS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattyDave19 View Post
you can alway take squadron's green putty and add laqure thiner to it to make it a liquid and then brush it in to the holes. ive used this skill a few times and swear by it
That doesn't work well for larger holes. Squadron putty will shrink slight after it cures.

I find that Milliput works best for me. It can be smoothen with just water.
ScootS is offline   Reply With Quote