Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

View Poll Results: Who has wives or girlfriends who don't like or understand our hobby?
Yes 53 30.99%
No 67 39.18%
doesn't care what you do. 51 29.82%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
fidothedog
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

My wife accepts it but doesn't understand it.

She sees "dust collectors" as a complete waste of money.

This being said, we have been married for 16 years and I have a huge statue, comic and AF collection to the point that I am running out of room. That takes up two large rooms in the house already.

One issue that I have with storage is what to do with all of the boxes from the statues and busts. Some of these boxes are huge and take up lots of volume. For instance, the master replica hulk box must be 3 ft by 3 ft in size.

I don't see anyway to breakdown the boxes due to the styrofoam in them.

I am thinking of renting a storage room just to put all of the boxes which would really be a waste of $$ in the long run when you step back and look at it.... why do I have a storage bin...oh to store empty boxes....

I just can't take the step to get rid of the boxes since you never know if you are going to want to sell a statue when you no longer want it OR have to move your house.

It would be a complete nightmare to have to move and not have all of the boxes for transportation.
fidothedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #12
goodydog12
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

My galpal kind likes it. She bought me a red FS DD and FS Cyclops for Xmas. She just bouth me a FS chrome Surfer for my Bday too. She may be a keeper.
goodydog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:02 AM   #13
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
My wife doesn't get it.
But then I don't get why she need 65 pairs of shoes and only wears 3 pair while the rest fill valuable statue/bust box room in the closet.

My wife get perturbed because my closet is packed with goodies. She doesnt get it...but I dont care...I GET IT. IIIIIIII GET IT!
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidothedog View Post

She sees "dust collectors" as a complete waste of money.

That's harsh. I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder what advantage she sees in playing such a role in making you feel as unsupported with something you clearly love so much.

risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #15
TEXAN75
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

My wife doesn't care as long as I keep it all in one room and within a budget.
TEXAN75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #16
Grumpy
The X-Men

Mamma Grump gets how much this hobby means to me and is supportive as long as I keep my stuff out of her space. I have my small home office as my space and her space is the rest of the house! However, come September/October we are moving into a new home and the entire lower lever (walkout style home) will be mine plus the office. I'm going with a "Marvel" theme and we're both excited about seeing this take place. What's funny is that of all the busts and statues I own, the only one Mamma Grump says she wouldn't mind seeing displayed in the living room is the Ghost Rider FS Chrome! Hmmmmmm, kinda makes me wonder what's going on in that little head of hers!
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #17
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

My gf likes to tease that she's going to sell them one day or jokingly appraises the future value of a new piece when I get it, but when I started talking about selling off some of them to raise some cash she was adamantly opposed. Going so far as to staying she would be really pissed and wouldn't speak to me if I sold my Chrome Surfer (which I can't believe I even considered), not because she likes it but because she knows how much I love it. Of course she still hates "The Naked Green Lady" (She Dragon) and I wouldn't be surprised to find it in pieces on the floor one day, but she also really wants me to get a Kabuki statue. She's gone with me to conventions and Mafia meetings and is always asking about my fellow mafia members so I'd say I've got a pretty good catch.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #18
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
My wife totally understand, supports and, at times, even contributes to my hobby!
my wife is cool with it when we are cool, but when we fight she yells and screams how I waste "her" (she makes 2x as much as I do) money on my "crap". Bah.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #19
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage View Post
"The Naked Green Lady" (She Dragon) and I wouldn't be surprised to find it in pieces on the floor one day, but she also really wants me to get a Kabuki statue.
word little big bro. My wife oftens refers to my "mysogonistic" statue collection (various female pieces, including the Adam Hughes DC Direct Mini Busts and some Anime PVC GITS and Black Lagoon Statues). Again though, only when we are fighting...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 AM   #20
sons of set
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

So long as the bills are paid and the household runs like a well oiled machine I am free to my devices (ahem...to a point). Awesome woman my wife, I think I'll keep her.
sons of set is offline   Reply With Quote