Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #31
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppccclll View Post
cause it's ugly
Everyone has their opinions I guess...

and some people express them more eloquently than others...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #32
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I've been hesitant on getting this one. I love Grey Hulks but the face is so Frankenstien-ish.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #33
StatueItis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
I've been hesitant on getting this one. I love Grey Hulks but the face is so Frankenstien-ish.
Here’s what Stan Lee had to say about how he came up with the idea for the Hulk: "When I was younger, I loved the movie Frankenstein, starring Boris Karloff as the monster, and I also loved Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. One day I figured, ‘Boy, wouldn’t it be cool to combine the two of them and get a character who can change from a normal human into the monster?’ I always felt that in the movie Frankenstein, the monster was really a good guy. He didn’t want to hurt anybody—he was just always being chased by those idiots holding torches and running up and down the hills. So I thought, ‘Why not get a sympathetic monster, but let it be a guy who can change back and forth?’ So the Hulk became the first superhero who was also a monster."
StatueItis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #34
StatueItis

Tony Cipriano did a phenomenal job sculpting that cover scene. Hulk looks a lot like Frankenstein because that is who he was originally modeled after. It isn't a poser Green Hulk painted grey, it is a fantastic rendention of the original Hulk.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #35
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueItis View Post
Tony Cipriano did a phenomenal job sculpting that cover scene. Hulk looks a lot like Frankenstein because that is who he was originally modeled after. It isn't a poser Green Hulk painted grey, it is a fantastic rendention of the original Hulk.
indeed

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #36
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Maybe this piece was for the true Hulk lover!
I can understand that then...
Old 04-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #37
Caveman
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The lack of ability to display with other pieces in one's collection may also hinder the purchase. Persoanlly everything I buy I think about how it will mesh with the stuuff I already own.

If one's collection is full of stand alone piece this does not hold true
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #38
StatueItis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
The lack of ability to display with other pieces in one's collection may also hinder the purchase. Persoanlly everything I buy I think about how it will mesh with the stuuff I already own.

If one's collection is full of stand alone piece this does not hold true
I do the same thing, more so all the time. Most of the pieces I want to sell and just have a smaller display of the best stuff. If you had to use the back drop comic I would agree but the Hulk displays very nice without it. It is deep though, over 14" back to front.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #39
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Here’s what Stan Lee had to say about how he came up with the idea for the Hulk: "When I was younger, I loved the movie Frankenstein, starring Boris Karloff as the monster, and I also loved Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. One day I figured, ‘Boy, wouldn’t it be cool to combine the two of them and get a character who can change from a normal human into the monster?’ I always felt that in the movie Frankenstein, the monster was really a good guy. He didn’t want to hurt anybody—he was just always being chased by those idiots holding torches and running up and down the hills. So I thought, ‘Why not get a sympathetic monster, but let it be a guy who can change back and forth?’ So the Hulk became the first superhero who was also a monster."
I find what Stan Lee said about The Hulk VERY interesting! Thank you for that write up Statue. Knowing this cool idea Stan had for the origin of The Hulk and also that this statue
has an appeal to me makes me want to pick it up!. That guy grows on me more every time I see it!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #40
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
I find what Stan Lee said about The Hulk VERY interesting! Thank you for that write up Statue. Knowing this cool idea Stan had for the origin of The Hulk and also that this statue
has an appeal to me makes me want to pick it up!. That guy grows on me more every time I see it!
nice! One convert is one convert!