Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #21
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
but he'd be procreating so his kind doesnt go extinct...
my pet is a brown greater bush baby and they are not an endangered species. they are commonly kept as pets in africa. mine would have been used to create more bush babies for zoo captivity. that's where the 'saved' part comes in.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 AM   #22
Trustey
The Avengers

Yeah I was just making a couple little jokes. Like how you "saved" him from a lifetime of plowing sweet bushbaby ass to his hearts content all around the globe.... by cutting his balls off instead! See, it was meant to be like, kind of ironic? No? Nevermind. I knew I should have just went with a lolcat!
Trustey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:28 AM   #23
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bizarre-lookin' li'l critter...

Cute, though.

(I would think keeping an animal from being able to breed is far more detrimental to the species than "the mistreatment" of trekking him around 'cross-country or globally (most 'mistreatment' could be avoidable, I'm sure). Instead of letting him help repopulate the species, it seems you've trivialized him into being a "unique pet", just my opinion.)

From what you've said, at least he's in a loving home.. so that's good.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #24
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustey View Post
Yeah I was just making a couple little jokes. Like how you "saved" him from a lifetime of plowing sweet bushbaby ass to his hearts content all around the globe.... by cutting his balls off instead! See, it was meant to be like, kind of ironic? No? Nevermind. I knew I should have just went with a lolcat!
he hasn't been snipped. we would wait until it becomes medically necessary but thank god it hasn't. we've had him since he was 3 months old, and he turned 9 years old in october.

i got the 'saved' joke but i just wanted to explain that zoo captivity is often harsh and uncaring for the animal. i would have never thought of keeping him as a pet if he was endangered, but his branch of the species tree is plentiful.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #25
Kingofthehill78
King Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
not a funny statement. man's interactions with species such as these pisses me off. LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!

my pet is part of the same species tree. part of the lemur family. enjoy a picture of my boy!!! and before someone says something negative about keeping him as a pet, we rescued him from a breeder that was going to sell him specifically for breeding, so his life would have consisted of flying him around the country. he has a great home, lots of love and he even has his own room.

Wow his Own ROOM!, does he have his own X-box too? I think I'm jealous...I gotta start slinging my poo around...
Kingofthehill78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #26
yongkykun
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Knowing Indonesians, that species won't last long... How do I know Indonesians? Well, I'm one...
yongkykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:47 PM   #27
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Cute little bugger!

I want one!
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #28
Trustey
The Avengers

ok this furby thread should be locked, the google ads are already here and I am afraid zombie wolvie will be replaced by a furby! And soon the thread asking Bowen. To do a furby bust will be up!
Trustey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #29
Darth Torment
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trustey View Post
ok this furby thread should be locked, the google ads are already here and I am afraid zombie wolvie will be replaced by a furby! And soon the thread asking Bowen. To do a furby bust will be up!
How about Marvel Heroes...Furby style!
Darth Torment is offline   Reply With Quote