Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: Wolverine vs Colossus
Colossus 27 41.54%
Wolverine 38 58.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #61
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Really Teague, I love just having fun with most people on here, and you are one of the reason this board is so amusing.

I really mean that in a good way...

I hope there isn't any hard feelings...

Have a great day my fellow boardie.
No hard feelings at all, man. It's all good.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #62
wcazian
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hmmmm?
If I remember correctly Wolvy was able to cut through metal, walls, Sentinels etc.
If Wolvy can do that I think he should be able to hurt Colossus badly as well. Just like for example I think the Silver Samurai should be able to cut through Colossus' skin with his blade when using his mutant power.

Add to that Wolvie's animal like keen senses, his speed and agility, his knowledge of the martial arts, his experience as a fighter who has seen it all and of course his healing factor and it becomes clear IMHO that Wolvie is the sure winner.

Wolvie is the best there is at what he does and I am afraid that will prove to be too much for Piotr.

Just my two cents though; YMMV!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
I'd agree with this, plus colossus is too much of a softie to kill anyone
wcazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #63
Shploogledorf
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

This is stupid.
Wolverine is mush against Collossus.
Let's see... Wolverine would not be able to penetrate Collossus organic steel as he simply doesn't have the strength sufficient to cut him.
Collossus' body survived Dr. Dooms blast in secret wars 11-12...
Collossus need merely slap his hands together with class 100 strength and burst Wolverines eardrums just from the shock.
While wolverine staggers in pain (yes burst eardrums will do that to you) Collossus lays a right handed class 100 haymaker across Wolverines skull... the force of such a blow would literally shred the flesh from Logans head... not too mention the impact would completely liquify his brain and burst his eyeballs.
before a healing factor kicks in, Collossus simply tears the flesh from Wolverine... guts him... tosses him into a fire... then seperates his head at the 2nd vertebre... thus killing Wolverine.
The Xavier protocols specifically state that the only way to kill Wolverine is to remove his brain from the rest of his body.
Decapitation.
The skull is not attached to the spine by anything other than tissue.

Lights out Wolverine.
Shploogledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #64
johnnybik
Frackin!

wolverines strength issues

I'm not a fan of wolverine's and dont know who wouldl win.

I would just like to address the issue about wolverines strength, and if he is able to cut through collossus' steal. I feel logically wolverine should have the strenght and should be much stronger than he is depicted to have.

If we look at humans they can benchpress as much as 600-700lbs and say squat 1100lbs. Now to achieve this we break down the muscle by pushing past their limit and then the muscle heals back stronger.

The reason humans are not stronger is beause eventually our ability to reproduce cells, and heal the muscle, slows down over time as well as other bodily functins such as testosterone production, HGH, and other necessary muscle builder functions.

Now this is why wolverine should be much stronger. I mean if wolverine where to bench 700lbs. if he were to rest 5 minutes he should be able to bench 705, becuase his muscle would heal back stronger.

So everytime wolverine is in a battle and even during battles he gets stronger and faster.

Infact I feel that his adimantium hinders his ability, because everytime his bones are broken they would heal back stronger, so eventually they would become as strong as adimantium if he broke them enough times.

So being centeries old wolverine should be much faster and stronger than he is.

I havent read comics in a longtime so I dont know about this 616 wolverine that people are talking about, but with the exception of the increase in regenerative abilities, it sounds that he is depicted logically.
johnnybik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #65
Teague
Iron Man

Some interesting points. Wolverine's regeneration would play a part in this, too. And then there are human limits, too--not sure that applies, but it might.

The 616 just means the standard Marvel Universe, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybik View Post
I'm not a fan of wolverine's and dont know who wouldl win.

I would just like to address the issue about wolverines strength, and if he is able to cut through collossus' steal. I feel logically wolverine should have the strenght and should be much stronger than he is depicted to have.

If we look at humans they can benchpress as much as 600-700lbs and say squat 1100lbs. Now to achieve this we break down the muscle by pushing past their limit and then the muscle heals back stronger.

The reason humans are not stronger is beause eventually our ability to reproduce cells, and heal the muscle, slows down over time as well as other bodily functins such as testosterone production, HGH, and other necessary muscle builder functions.

Now this is why wolverine should be much stronger. I mean if wolverine where to bench 700lbs. if he were to rest 5 minutes he should be able to bench 705, becuase his muscle would heal back stronger.

So everytime wolverine is in a battle and even during battles he gets stronger and faster.

Infact I feel that his adimantium hinders his ability, because everytime his bones are broken they would heal back stronger, so eventually they would become as strong as adimantium if he broke them enough times.

So being centeries old wolverine should be much faster and stronger than he is.

I havent read comics in a longtime so I dont know about this 616 wolverine that people are talking about, but with the exception of the increase in regenerative abilities, it sounds that he is depicted logically.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:08 AM   #66
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Crap! The polls already closed! Where have I been?????
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #67
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk5150 View Post
Agreed 100%. In Hulk #181 Wolverine says that he cannot cut the Hulk but can but the Wendigo.

This is very simple. Is a nail sharp enough to go through a steel table?
Sure.
Can you push it through the table with your bare hands?
No.
I don't care HOW sharp his claws are, Wolverine has NO superhuman strength. Is he stronger than your average man? Absolutely--he’d have to be to function with that added weight to his skeleton. But even IF his claws were sharp enough to penetrate the Hulk's skin, Wolverine doesn't have the power to push them into the Hulk. Period.

Okay, let's look at it this way. Bullets have bounced off the Hulk's flesh for years. Bullets are much faster than Wolverine.
Kevlar Body Armor (bullet-proof vests) can withstand bullets, but can be cut with a machine with a steel blade. But can a human being cut the Kevlar using the SAME blade that the machine uses? No. Why? Because even though the blade was plenty sharp/strong enough to cut through the body armor, the human wasn't strong enough to equal the machine's "strength".

This is my problem with Wolverine. When he debuted, his claws were plenty sharp, but this is The HULK we're dealing with, here. Wolvie couldn't cut his flesh. But as Wolverine got more and more popular, Marvel was kinda like, "Well, how about if his claws are sharp enough to cut through anything! Yeah! That'll be cool!" But keep in mind that just because you possess something sharp enough to cut through an object, doesn't mean you also have the strength to cut through it.

This is why I liked the use of Cap's shield in "Future Imperfect". The Maestro makes a remark about how the shield never posed a threat to them (as Cap didn't have the strength to cause any harm to the Hulk) but with the strength of the Hulk behind the shield, it was doing major damage.

The Hulk's skin isn't like what we would think of as "skin". I can cut someone's skin with my fingernail. But bullets, tank ammo, swords, Thor's freakin' hammer, etc., have all bounced off the Hulk's hide.

Is an armor-piercing bullet sharp/strong enough to penetrate a bulletproof vest?
Yes.
Am I strong enough to push it through the vest by myself?
No.

Think of it like this--you can cut one piece of paper very easily with a knife. Now try cutting a New York City phone book in half with the same knife.
This also applies to the argument that Wolverine can cut the Hulk's arms or head off. His claws aren't long enough to pass through the Hulk's thick neck or arms (remember, Wolverine's claws have to fit between his wrist and elbow--and Logan's a little guy. The Hulk's body is WAY thicker than that).

So, are Wolverine's claws sharp/hard enough to cut the Hulk?
Sure, why not?
Is Wolverine strong enough to puncture the Hulk's skin?
Not in my opinion.
One of the great logical arguments ever.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote