Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #451
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleyking View Post
How come you've paid more in customs than Amaze, becuase you're in Scotland?
Because unfortunately importation calculations are not an exact science. If several persons were to import the same item to the same location, it's likely all would receive a different sum on their duties invoice.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #452
aMaZe
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Some pics, there is a droop but not enough to worry me!

aMaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #453
caleyking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Very nice, mine cant come sooner enough!

So where are all the brown bess versions then?
caleyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #454
FROBAY
Phoenix

Congrats aMaZe
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #455
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Congrats aMaZe . . . can see the droop a little but not that noticeable. Glad to hear you finally got it through customs. Will be interested to see if anyone gets one through here in Aus.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #456
cratercritter
The Spirit

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Congrats aMaZe . . . can see the droop a little but not that noticeable. Glad to hear you finally got it through customs. Will be interested to see if anyone gets one through here in Aus.
Australian Customs is allowing these HCG pulse rifles through, no problem, straight to your door step. I got one, no problems and if customs do hold them, it will be likely to await a B709A police permit (if requested by customs). Mine and two others got through OK. I have a police permit (B709A) to import, just in case customs asked for one. Excellent customer service by HCG... they checked mine out before shipment... all OK!. verjoyed:
Well worth the US$900 asking price and some shops are selling them for less on ebay. Well made, clean crisp casts and good paint.
I made a timber display stand to support the wall plaque, so it can also be displayed on a table or shelf etc. A plexiglas/acrylic display case is currently being made for it.
See pic's of my HCG Pulse Rifle (ID: cratercritter) at:

http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2166

NOTE: In some of the pics, the pulse rifle appears to have a sag or droop to the barrel assembly. It doesn't... the gun is straight as an arrow. There is photographic distortion due to wide-angle camera mode causing this.... my "cheapy" camera too.....
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:27 AM   #457
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by cratercritter View Post
Australian Customs is allowing these HCG pulse rifles through, no problem, straight to your door step. I got one, no problems and if customs do hold them, it will be likely to await a B709A police permit (if requested by customs). Mine and two others got through OK. I have a police permit (B709A) to import, just in case customs asked for one. Excellent customer service by HCG... they checked mine out before shipment... all OK!. verjoyed:
Well worth the US$900 asking price and some shops are selling them for less on ebay. Well made, clean crisp casts and good paint.
I made a timber display stand to support the wall plaque, so it can also be displayed on a table or shelf etc. A plexiglas/acrylic display case is currently being made for it.

NOTE: In some of the pics, the pulse rifle appears to have a sag or droop to the barrel assembly. It doesn't... the gun is straight as an arrow. There is photographic distortion due to wide-angle camera mode causing this.... my "cheapy" camera too.....
Awesome! Congrats on the new piece!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:35 AM   #458
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Sad to say I didn't have the same experience. I applied for a permit and having submitted all the info on the Pulse Rifle, I was advised by the Firearms Registry (NSW Police) that it would have to be stored as follows:

- my collection room (which is basically a spare bedroom) would need to have a re-informed steel door fitted with a dead lock or approved padlock system
- any windows in the room would need to be fitted with steel bars or security mesh
- the PR itself would need to kept in a locked gun safe which would need to be fixed (welded) to the floor.

All of this would need to be inspected by the NSW police in order to get the permit, and then ultimately get the PR thru customs.

Apparently obtaining a permit and importing a PR in other states (namely Victoria and South Australia) is a lot easier, but here in NSW it was a complete nightmare.

Despite the fact that I provided all of the info about the PR as a collectable, the NSW police deemed it to be in the highest risk category (military style). I might as well have tried to import an actual AK-47 for all the drama.

Needless to say, I gave up, but I'm glad to hear some Aussie collectors did manage to get some in.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #459
cratercritter
The Spirit

Cool

Hey Nidgit.
Sorry to hear about this.
Sheesh. I got two of them... one on display in a perspex display case and the other for display in a rifle/ammo case. The second one, I had to submit the B709A permit...easy to get. The police here, SA, see it more of a novelty/collectable item rather than a "true" replica gun or something like that, according to the current laws. If you decide to pursue it further, ask them, NSW-pol for an explanation of their decision and how it relates to the written law, if you haven't already done so. Their logic is questionable. A pistol you would think is worse than a military-like rifle. Hard to conceal a large rifle in public compared to a pistol and the HCG pulse R cannot chamber a round and it cannot fire a round etc....rather a benign, low risk piece of hardware. Well...who knows what the NSW laws are and how they relate to the Pulse rifle.... you can always ask them to demonstrate their ruling if you haven't done so.....tell them customs do not have an issue with these guns, usually they get passed without a B709A. You can always try to get one from an interstate collector who has a spare or one to sell. ....the police laws encompass this as well What about a knife or the like?...much more dangerous than a pulse rifle. You know what this means......

PS: both the HCG PRifles I got are super-straight, no 'droops'.

Last edited by cratercritter; 01-12-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling etc.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #460
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Hey Nidgit.
Sorry to hear about this.
Sheesh. I got two of them... one on display in a perspex display case and the other for display in a rifle/ammo case. The second one, I had to submit the B709A permit...easy to get. The police here, SA, see it more of a novelty/collectable item rather than a "true" replica gun or something like that, according to the current laws. If you decide to pursue it further, ask them, NSW-pol for an explanation of their decision and how it relates to the written law, if you haven't already done so. Their logic is questionable. A pistol you would think is worse than a military-like rifle. Hard to conceal a large rifle in public compared to a gun and the HCG pulse R cannot chamber a round and it cannot fire a round etc....rather a benign, low risk piece of hardware. Well...who knows what the NSW laws are and how they relate to the Pulse rifle.... you can always ask them to demonstrate their ruling if you haven't done so.....tell them customs do not have an issue with these guns, usually they get passed without a B709A. You can always try to get one from an interstate collector who has a spare or one to sell. ....the police laws encompass this as well What about a knife or the like?...much more dangerous than a pulse rifle. You know what this means......

PS: both the HCG PRifles I got are super-straight, no 'droops'.
Thanks for the info mate. Had a feeling you were in SA. The situation here in NSW is just ridiculous. I had a number of conversations with the guys at Customs (they were great) and they did mention it was alot easier in SA. I've given up for the time being but would still love to get one some day. So please let me know if you ever decide to part with one of yours The ridiculous thing is, I have the Robo Auto 9, the Hellboy Samaritan, and assorted other pieces which I imported without any probs ????? I do have an old, old fan made resin kit for the M41A but hardly the same thing (especially as it's still in pieces) . . . will have to do for now - Thanks mate