Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #31
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
They will have their work cut out trying to sell Cap in Russia.
LoL

and Germany I presume
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #32
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

cap will win the domestic, but not the worldwide
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #33
twoferflinchin
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thor comes out on top. Green Lantern may have a bigger star, but most folks don't know who the heck GL is.
twoferflinchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #34
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
Thor comes out on top. Green Lantern may have a bigger star, but most folks don't know who the heck GL is.
GL has had at least as much exposure as Thor if not more if you count the presence of John Stewart on the long running (as far as cartoons go) JLA series.

To non fanboys both are recognizable even if it is just as "background characters" in group shots behind Superman and Captain America.

Don't forget that Iron Man was an B+ character who couldn't even keep a monthly title afloat before the movie hit. If you look at stuff like "Spider-man and Friends" and the post Spider-man 1&2 "Marvel Heroes" offerings Iron Man was no where to be found 5 years ago and was often replaced with the Silver Surfer or Cyclops.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #35
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post

Don't forget that Iron Man was an B+ character who couldn't even keep a monthly title afloat before the movie hit.
Hasn't he pretty much consistently has a monthly book? I can't think of a time when he didn't have a book coming out.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #36
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post

Don't forget that Iron Man was an B+ character who couldn't even keep a monthly title afloat before the movie hit. If you look at stuff like "Spider-man and Friends" and the post Spider-man 1&2 "Marvel Heroes" offerings Iron Man was no where to be found 5 years ago and was often replaced with the Silver Surfer or Cyclops.

IM also had good legs because of the word of mouth. I haven't seen anything from GL thus far that tells me it will be anywhere near the quality that IM was. I agree w/ the comparison of the two character's popularity level before the movie came out...but I have serious doubts it will be anywhere on the same level in terms of quality.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #37
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
IM also had good legs because of the word of mouth. I haven't seen anything from GL thus far that tells me it will be anywhere near the quality that IM was. I agree w/ the comparison of the two character's popularity level before the movie came out...but I have serious doubts it will be anywhere on the same level in terms of quality.
I agree. I was never a huge IM fan but the first one is one of the best comic movies going.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #38
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Hasn't he pretty much consistently has a monthly book? I can't think of a time when he didn't have a book coming out.
There was a period in the mid 2000's when the only place he showed up solo was in scattered mini and maxi series. That is why the numbering was all screwy right now as it has jumped to 500(.1) to address this shoe horning all those series in there. On the Blu Ray for the original IM they actually talk about the difficulty selling his book in one of the featurettes with Bob Layton.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #39
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
it also had RDJ

none of these 4 movies have as big a name connected to it

most importantly the trailers showed the main character as a womanizer with a cool sense of humor, a lot of morons went to see the movie just because they dig that type of character
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #40
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Here are my pics for top box office:

1. Thor

2. Green Lantern

3. X-Men

4. Captain America

I agree that the Cap movie will suffer at the international box office, which is sad.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote