Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #31
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Does anyone have a link to this escrow announcement?
Yes, link please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Most of these new rules only apply to the power sellers and store owners who make their living off eBay. I sell on a regular basis and for years I've been hearing about all these new horrible changes against sellers and I have yet to be effected by any of them.
Wow, I guess I need to start pissing buyers off to kick my Power Seller / Top Rated Seller status down a notch.

Actually, I'd think it would apply to those who don't sell very often or have low ratings.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #32
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
Wait.. debit their checking accounts? Even if the seller maintains an amount in PayPal? What would the escrow amount be?
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncorr View Post
looks like this new policy is for low feedback or low star sellers:

From ebay:
Highlights

If you have a Standard or Above Standard performance rating and an established selling history, or you're an eBay Top-rated seller—you'll see no difference from what you experience today. Funds will be available when your buyer pays.

If you have a limited selling history—90 days or less from your first sale, 25 or fewer sales transactions or $250 or less total sales since your first sale—or if you have a Below Standard rating in your Seller Dashboard, your buyer's payment will first show as pending in your PayPal account. Funds will be available 3 days after eBay receives confirmation of delivery when you upload tracking information, or 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date if you don't upload tracking but mark the item as shipped. If no shipping information is provided to eBay—you don't upload tracking information or mark the item as shipped—funds will be available 21 days after the buyer pays.

If you're subject to this update, you'll see new information in My eBay to help manage your cash flow, including the estimated date funds will be available and steps you can take to help get your funds faster.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. 'Course I leave a running balance of 1K in PayPal for incidentals. Maybe that's enough to get around the escrow nonsense. Everything over 1K goes swiftly into the bank.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #33
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Actually, I'd think it would apply to those who don't sell very often or have low ratings.
Every time some new rules are put into effect everyone panics and it turns out to be nothing.

The only rule that has really been of any significance to me are sellers not being able to leave negative feedback on buyers. I don't understand why I can't leave negative feedback on a buyer who has bid up my auctions and then failed to pay but they can neg me if I'm a day late shipping an item.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #34
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Every time some new rules are put into effect everyone panics and it turns out to be nothing.

The only rule that has really been of any significance to me are sellers not being able to leave negative feedback on buyers. I don't understand why I can't leave negative feedback on a buyer who has bid up my auctions and then failed to pay but they can neg me if I'm a day late shipping an item.
Agreed. Only retribution is to call them a dick when you respond to their NEG. It works for me!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #35
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Agreed. Only retribution is to call them a dick when you respond to their NEG. It works for me!
I usually respond "Don't listen to this crazy person".
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #36
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
I usually respond "Don't listen to this crazy person".
Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #37
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncorr View Post
looks like this new policy is for low feedback or low star sellers:

From ebay:
Highlights

If you have a Standard or Above Standard performance rating and an established selling history, or you're an eBay Top-rated seller—you'll see no difference from what you experience today. Funds will be available when your buyer pays.

If you have a limited selling history—90 days or less from your first sale, 25 or fewer sales transactions or $250 or less total sales since your first sale—or if you have a Below Standard rating in your Seller Dashboard, your buyer's payment will first show as pending in your PayPal account. Funds will be available 3 days after eBay receives confirmation of delivery when you upload tracking information, or 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date if you don't upload tracking but mark the item as shipped. If no shipping information is provided to eBay—you don't upload tracking information or mark the item as shipped—funds will be available 21 days after the buyer pays.

If you're subject to this update, you'll see new information in My eBay to help manage your cash flow, including the estimated date funds will be available and steps you can take to help get your funds faster.
Ok, that makes more sense... so I should be safe.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote