Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #41
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Go check out Beard's already, you Momo; there's gotta be a few in the Portland area.

The one at Fred Meyer's in Eugene was awesome, as I've said. I can't speak for all of them, but they all at least have to have the same deals/specials/discounts, I would think.

I miss mine.. but.. the guy that worked magic with frames there has since left Oregon anyways; I keep in contact with him. That's not to say that particular store doesn't still have quality employees, I'm sure... another young woman there was well-versed in frames, also. Gah... been almost a year, can't recall her name.
Momo?

Yeah I'm going to run into a Beards today and compare prices and also see if they except competitors coupons. I know there are a few of their stores around here. If its close to the same price I will go with them but I'm not sure they'll be able to match what Michael's will charge with this sale going on. We'll see.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #42
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Michael's frames aren't as good a quality.. believe me, I checked for myself when I first started framing pieces up there.

Their possibly lower price is indicative of their lesser quality.

Plus.. "Beard's Framing" rolls off the tongue better... you don't want "Baby-faced Michael's" framing your goods... do you? An arts & crafts store....? What are you... seven and/or a sissy little girl, Scott? Gonna check out the beads or finger-stamp aisle next (which I know about from my teaching days; shut up ). Well... ARE you?

Momo.

I should do Beard's Framing commercials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Momo?

Yeah I'm going to run into a Beards today and compare prices and also see if they except competitors coupons. I know there are a few of their stores around here. If its close to the same price I will go with them but I'm not sure they'll be able to match what Michael's will charge with this sale going on. We'll see.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #43
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I am admitadley not 100% sold on Michaels. My GF had a coupon sent to her that she mentioned last night at dinner so that was my reasoning for checking them out before Beards. I don't mind paying more for better quality either and am much more comfortable going with a dedicated framing shop as opposed to framers in a craft store. If I like what I see at Beards I'll most likely go with them as long as it isn't to much more.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #44
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I just got back from the framers and was reminded why I decided to keep my purchases to a minimum. It costs more to frame these things than it does for the actual print itself.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #45
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well I just got back from the framers and was reminded why I decided to keep my purchases to a minimum. It costs more to frame these things than it does for the actual print itself.
That's probably the one thing that's allowed me to keep buying these prints . . . I haven't framed any yet
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #46
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
That's probably the one thing that's allowed me to keep buying these prints . . . I haven't framed any yet
I'm glad I decided to get one framed this early in the game. Being new to this it was a good reality check for me and will help keep me on track with my initial goal of limiting my Mondo purchases.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #47
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

lol
I know, it seems crazy to pay $250+ to frame a $100 print.
Personally, I can't buy a bunch of art just to have it tucked away where I can't see it. That's why I'll just buy a few of these to frame and hang on the walls.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #48
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I'm glad I decided to get one framed this early in the game. Being new to this it was a good reality check for me and will help keep me on track with my initial goal of limiting my Mondo purchases.
There's always thumbtacks; they're only posters, after all.

Your Hellboy II Mondo poster would look great between your Luke Perry 90210 and your Fiona Apple posters.

Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #49
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I just bought a pk of 200 fancy thumb tacks for $3. That saves me $247.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #50
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
There's always thumbtacks; they're only posters, after all.

Your Hellboy II Mondo poster would look great between your Luke Perry 90210 and your Fiona Apple posters.

I was always more of a Jason Priestley guy myself.