Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Cary Nord

Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Mean Green
Fantomah

Valiant's X-O MANOWAR Team: ROBERT VENDITTI, CARY NORD

Great news! Congrats Cary!

I remember this series very fondly and am stoked to see this coming back - and with Cary's art. Exciting!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/vali...rd-120117.html

Quote:
Valiant's relaunch is coming, and today they're announcing their first creative team. The previously announced X-O Manowar will come from writer Robert Venditti and artist Cary Nord.

Neither of the creators have a rofessional past with Valiant, but the X-O Manowar armor is going to a barbarian under the Roman Empire; Nord's run on Conan certainly comes to mind as some strong preparation for those scenes. Artist Esad Ribic will also provide covers for the series, with his full-color debut shown here.

The full official press release follows.

VALIANT Launches X-O MANOWAR With NYT Bestseller ROBERT VENDITTI & Eisner Winner CARY NORD

On May 2nd, New York Times best-selling author Robert Venditti (The Surrogates, The Homeland Directive) and Eisner Award-winning artist Cary Nord (Conan) launch X-O Manowar #1, the debut issue of the all-new Valiant Universe!

"Cary is knocking it out of the park with this book. His pages look incredible and Rob's pitch is one of the best I've ever read," said Valiant Executive Editor Warren Simons. "These guys are putting together a remarkable #1 issue."

Born into battle and raised under the oppressive thumb of the Roman Empire, Aric of Dacia is a beloved figure among his men and a leader of the Visigoth people. But when he's taken prisoner after a brutal encounter with an alien strike force, he must capture the X-O Manowar armor - the most powerful weapon in the universe - if he's to save his family and return to his people. But when he arrives he finds 1,600 years have passed and the most primitive man on Earth - a man out of time - now wields a weapon capable of incalculable destruction

"Some may consider him a barbarian, but Aric is a seasoned battlefield tactician and a warrior capable of taking down some of the world's greatest adversaries with only his wits and a broadsword," said Venditti. "So what happens when you hand this so-called primitive the universe's most powerful weapon and drop him in the modern day? It's a recipe for one of the most compelling action stories you'll see on the stands in 2012."

"I'm having a blast working on X-O Manowar," added Nord. "I've tackled warring barbarian hordes, alien armadas and destroyed pretty much everything in between. This is going to be an epic in every sense of the word."
Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow.. I loved this series, back in the day.

This'll be great, and even more so with Cary hammerin' out the pencilwork.

Valiant put out some great stuff, and their Universe was such a tight, well-knit ball.. it'll be awesome to see them make a comeback.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Got a copy sitting in my box at the local comic shop, will swoop that up tomorrow. Looking forward to it! Congrats to Cary!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Simplyrob

Love it! Looks like theyre bringing back Harbinger (June), Archer & Armstrong (August), and Bloodshot (July). I liked Solar a lot too.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Simplyrob

issue #2, better than the first! great work, Cary!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
Simplyrob

Bummed Carys not doing this book anymore. Dropped.