Statue Forum 

» Sponsors
First 4 Figures

Gentle Giant Ltd.

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards
Home Adamantium Membership Twitter Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #5261
Wayne Foundation
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Wow. I hate to hear this but understand that EM has to make money here. I prefer the lead and I'd pay more for these figures but if they keep the same scale and attention to detail, I'm in for resin figurines.

In my note to them, I also mentioned the fact that both collections are pretty much into the B, C, and D-list characters and while I, like EM, hate the idea of repaints...I'd gladly take a gray and blue Batman or red Mary Marvel if it keeps the line afloat!

For more sales - go back to the well EM!!! Give some A-list repaints mixed in with new, "fan popular" C-listers. I think it could work!! Hell, I'll even pay up front now for the next 20. Who's with me??
Wayne Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #5262
Woody
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I realize I might be in the minority here, but I am Ok with the Marvel series ending at 200. I only have about 40 so far and this means I have a chance to complete the set. And it's still an amazing collection and remarkable they got so many figurines out.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #5263
Brian R.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Foundation View Post
Wow. I hate to hear this but understand that EM has to make money here. I prefer the lead and I'd pay more for these figures but if they keep the same scale and attention to detail, I'm in for resin figurines.

In my note to them, I also mentioned the fact that both collections are pretty much into the B, C, and D-list characters and while I, like EM, hate the idea of repaints...I'd gladly take a gray and blue Batman or red Mary Marvel if it keeps the line afloat!

For more sales - go back to the well EM!!! Give some A-list repaints mixed in with new, "fan popular" C-listers. I think it could work!! Hell, I'll even pay up front now for the next 20. Who's with me??
The A-list re-do's (one or two per extension) were proposed by Eaglemoss on their Marvel blog, and the idea was met with almost universal contempt. Guys were saying things like "I don't want re-do's until the collection reaches at least 300", naievely thinking the collection could actually survive that long putting out nothing but third and fourth string characters. Guys also flipped out when resin was used instead of strictly lead in some of the specials, even though resin holds detail better than lead. The result is cancellation. I wouldn't have minded a couple re-do's per extension if it kept the collection going, but I was obviously in the minority. I wouldn't have bought most of them, but it might have staved off cancellation for a couple of extensions. Oh well, I'm just happy it continued as long as it did.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #5264
Rogue
I wear the pants around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstar1441 View Post
This is a great sculpt for Deathbird. Does this mean she will still be made?
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #5265
Brian R.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Yeah, there's still a years worth of figurines coming out. There's just not going to be another extension beyond that.

Last edited by Brian R. : 05-11-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: spellimg.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #5266
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravis390 View Post
Here is an early preview of Wiccan.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fAFKxRf6kO...0/PICT0046.JPG
Wow, they really should slim down Wiccan. He's supposed to be about 15 or 16 years old and built like your average scrawny teenager. This guy is built like Captain America.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #5267
mtravis390
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Here is Wiccan painted. He looks a little younger now.

Here is Firelord.

And Mojo
mtravis390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #5268
Zawisza
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Why must they tease me with Sunfire?
Zawisza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #5269
Wayne Foundation
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

My Marvel Collection Haul

Here's my new haul of 81 Marvel Eaglemoss figurines! Thanks to Cjf28 for all the detailed correspondence (everything exactly as described), good packing, and a fair deal.

It was a pleasure to deal with another Forum member on this!

Wayne Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #5270
StatueHunter75
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

It's sooo sad that this line has to end!!!
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote