Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #601
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I just got back from watching this 2/10 this movie sucked.
Yes, because that score is realistic or objective.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #602
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I didnt like this film at all, it was pointless.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #603
Underdog07
Hercules

That video was interesting. I am just not clever enough to think of these things on my own
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #604
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Yes, because that score is realistic or objective.
More realistic than say a trillion.
Too many problems with plot.
A trillion dollar mission and only a handful of people even know what it is.
No weapons i'm sorry they have flamethrowers and guns in the future very high tech.
Safety of the crew is thrown out the window in damn near every scene.
Who's in charge of the ship the captain or Vickers?
Getting back to the no weapons or security part you would think there would be security to not only be there for self defense but to protect the investment of the mission AKA the doctors.
A falling ship and they keep running straight.
Does everyone have a death wish except Weyland?
Shaw leaves with i'm sure a lifetime supply of twinkies to meet the aliens who tried to kill her and her entire race.
The only good thing I liked about this movie was the trailer for Django Unchained.
Guess what smart people from the future he has a weapon it's called a gun.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 AM   #605
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
More realistic than say a trillion.
Yes, because it is so unrealistic to imagine such a high dollar amount in the year 2093.

Quote:
Too many problems with plot.
You're right, your example of the movie not properly establishing the contents within Shaw's lunch box for her long journey is very convincing example of said plot holes.

Quote:
A trillion dollar mission and only a handful of people even know what it is.
.... I am waiting for your point. Weyland has invested a fortune into a project that may extend his already considerably long life AND potentially make the most significant discovery in the history of the human race. You're surprised that someone as greedy as Weyland only made this information available to a hand full of people?

Quote:
No weapons i'm sorry they have flamethrowers and guns in the future very high tech.
It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say with such a poorly constructed sentence. Are you pointing out the fact that they did indeed have flamethrowers and guns and are wondering why didn't use them? Or are you suggesting that flamethrowers and guns are not high tech enough for you in a future setting?

I'll go with the latter since they clearly had and used both. Perhaps you were expecting phasers? Maybe with a stun feature?

Quote:
Safety of the crew is thrown out the window in damn near every scene.
Who is doing the metaphorical safety throwing out the metaphorical window? David? By now I hope most people are aware of his motives. Vickers? She's only there to either witness her fathers failure or to make sure she is a part of his success. Janek? He's not in charge of the mission and I never saw him put anyone in danger. Shaw or Holloway? Again, didn't see them put anyone in harms way.

Perhaps you're talking about the director? Did he seriously put everyone in a hostile environment? You know what? He definitely did. Shame on you Ridley.

Quote:
Who's in charge of the ship the captain or Vickers?
The movie made you ask a question. Imagine that.

Quote:
Getting back to the no weapons or security part you would think there would be security to not only be there for self defense but to protect the investment of the mission AKA the doctors.
They were there. Shaw instructed them to not bring their weapons. They basically told her "fine, then you're going without us". Remember the guy holding the gun next Weyland? He's doing his job.... protecting Weyland. Are you seeing a theme here? THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS WEYLAND.

Quote:
A falling ship and they keep running straight.
You're sitting in your comfy theater seat watching a fictional movie and you somehow saw (from an outside perspective) a way for the victims to avoid harm? WITCH!!

No but seriously. Of course we see how to avoid the falling ship. We're not the ones in an alien environment who just witnessed our only means of going home disintegrate in a hot ball of fire. Anyway, even if you couldn't open your mind to the possibility of not thinking clearly in such an extreme situation, people can't deny it was cool watching that thing come down on top of them.

Quote:
Does everyone have a death wish except Weyland?
Yes. They all want to die horrible deaths. Who doesn't? Weyland is the weird one if you ask me.

Quote:
Shaw leaves with i'm sure a lifetime supply of twinkies to meet the aliens who tried to kill her and her entire race.
Here it is! The ultimate plot hole! Let's stop and explain to the audience where her sustenance is going to come from before we can end the movie on a note that implies a sequel. Anyone? Beuller? Nothing? Ah well, let's just have her die on the planet since we can't figure this one out. No more sequel plans because we couldn't find Shaw a years supply of Chef Boyardee to take with her.

Quote:
The only good thing I liked about this movie was the trailer for Django Unchained.
That was a good trailer.

Quote:
Guess what smart people from the future he has a weapon it's called a gun.
Who's got a gun? Janie? You've got to be more specific.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #606
Vracula
Jedi Order

How do some of you people read comic books with such limited imaginations??It's staggering.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #607
lord odin

The movie for me sucked but it never fails to have someone online seem to take it personal when someone else has a negative opinion about a movie they love.
You like it we get that and I hated it I guess I only get that.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #608
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
How do some of you people read comic books with such limited imaginations??It's staggering.
I only look at the art.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #609
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
The movie for me sucked but it never fails to have someone online seem to take it personal when someone else has a negative opinion about a movie they love.
You like it we get that and I hated it I guess I only get that.
If you're referring to me, trust me, I don't take other peoples opinions personally. It would be a long life in internet hell if I did.

However, if I see something that just doesn't make any logical sense, I feel compelled to point it out.

You can dislike the movie all you like. I merely pointed out that your "score" of 2/10 was neither logical or objective. You then elaborated in a somewhat sarcastic tone, so I counter argued in perhaps a similar one.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #610
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Nobodies opinion is objective, an opinion is always subjective.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote