Old 07-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #141
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Just had a news flash on the evening tv

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2012-0...r-says-report/

I know Joe, Keith and Teague are all Denver residents, right? Really hope they weren't at the opening night sessions
Thanks for the concern, Rod. I actually live in Aurora where the shooting took place. Fortunately, it's not the theater we tend to go to and, just as fortunately, my family and I decided to pass on the midnight showing. My phone started ringing off the hook, though, that morning from friends and family as my son and I had gone to the midnight opening of The Avengers. So people reasonably assumed we might do the same for DKR.

People came into my office in a daze, some crying. Sadly, some did know some of the victims but I don't know the status of those linked to people in my office.

Just terrible...
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #142
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Thanks for the concern, Rod. I actually live in Aurora where the shooting took place. Fortunately, it's not the theater we tend to go to and, just as fortunately, my family and I decided to pass on the midnight showing. My phone started ringing off the hook, though, that morning from friends and family as my son and I had gone to the midnight opening of The Avengers. So people reasonably assumed we might do the same for DKR.

People came into my office in a daze, some crying. Sadly, some did know some of the victims but I don't know the status of those linked to people in my office.

Just terrible...
First thought that entered my head was sorrow, the second was concern for you guys. So glad you're okay, what a tragedy
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #143
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Absolutely understood. You guys are right. The focus should be on supporting the victims of this horrible incident so thanks too for posting the support link.

Nick
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #144
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Absolutely understood. You guys are right. The focus should be on supporting the victims of this horrible incident so thanks too for posting the support link.

Nick
Agreed
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #145
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I've always been a huge Batman fan and collecting the comic books for years, I am eagerly waiting for the release in Greece, it's coming late August, still In light of the tragic shootings in Aurora, Colo i find it improper to discuss about this movie right now or the Batman Statue.

My deepest condolences to the victims' families.It's plain crazy how some people can't discern fiction from reality.What makes it even more weird and creepy is that authorities have said they believe the motive of suspect James E. Holmes was under way for up to two months and have the evidence of a deliberative process in his mind to attack.

The paradox is his background story is full of contrasts. But i bet Ted Bandy's was too...James ws described as a bright student who entered the University of California as a scholarship student and graduated with highest honors with a bachelor's degree in neuroscience in 2010.

Unfortunately, though this is the least of my worries since so many people died,this massacre cast a pall over TDkR opening.I've even read that WB might cancel it's release in Europe for awhile and stop showing it in the American theaters, until things quite down

My heart goes out to those who were involved in this tragedy and to their families .
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #146
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I've always been a huge Batman fan and collecting the comic books for years, I am eagerly waiting for the release in Greece, it's coming late August, still In light of the tragic shootings in Aurora, Colo i find it improper to discuss about this movie right now or the Batman Statue.

My deepest condolences to the victims' families.It's plain crazy how some people can't discern fiction from reality.What makes it even more weird and creepy is that authorities have said they believe the motive of suspect James E. Holmes was under way for up to two months and have the evidence of a deliberative process in his mind to attack.

The paradox is his background story is full of contrasts. But i bet Ted Bandy's was too...James ws described as a bright student who entered the University of California as a scholarship student and graduated with highest honors with a bachelor's degree in neuroscience in 2010.

Unfortunately, though this is the least of my worries since so many people died,this massacre cast a pall over TDkR opening.I've even read that WB might cancel it's release in Europe for awhile and stop showing it in the American theaters, until things quite down

My heart goes out to those who were involved in this tragedy and to their families .
Batman the movie, and especially Batman the statue have nothing to do with the fact that this world is full of idiots. Every day around the world somebody gets murdered raped etc... why they would pull the movie, or why you would feel improper talking about Batman is beyond me.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #147
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
Batman the movie, and especially Batman the statue have nothing to do with the fact that this world is full of idiots. Every day around the world somebody gets murdered raped etc... why they would pull the movie, or why you would feel improper talking about Batman is beyond me.
I agree, a delusional person is nothing to be taken seriously still his mad actions have caused the lives of many. 12 died and 60 wounded. At this moment it's very fresh and don't feel like talking about the movie, even though i am sure it's amazing.

For somebody to go into a movie theater, a place of fun and escapism, and bring that kind of violence into that world is shocking and tragic," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of the box office division of Hollywood.com. "How this will affect the movie, I just don't know."

i do too believe this shocking event will take its toll on the movie. Being a fanatic over something can be really dangerous. WB canceled the movie's Paris premiere, and police said they would watch over screenings of "The Dark Knight" in the city to prevent copycat shootings additionally, they would not permit guests in costumes. nor will it allow face-covering masks or fake weapons.
I didn't know fans could be so crazy and went to watch a movie cosplaying
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #148
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I agree, a delusional person is nothing to be taken seriously still his mad actions have caused the lives of many. 12 died and 60 wounded. At this moment it's very fresh and don't feel like talking about the movie, even though i am sure it's amazing.
Nobody is saying it shouldn't be taken seriously, It's an extremely sad event which is terribly distressing to us all.
What people are trying to say is that it doesn't have anything to do with this or any other Batman statue. It's about a man who was clearly mentally ill. That you don't want to talk about the movie is your choice, but not everyone will feel like that. The film makers didn't ask for him to choose this film to commit his terrible crime after all.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #149
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Nice Vigil for this wrapping up on tv; it's been going on for a couple of hours, at least.

It may come off as cheesy, guys... but treasure your loved ones. I have close friends in Colorado, and some of you guys are there as well... I'm glad none of them and their families and friends or you guys and yours were caught up in this, but as a nation, we ALL are. Can't help but feel for the victims and their families.

Senseless, horrible stuff. I applaud the news networks and our elected officials for refusing to use the Nothing's name that perpetrated this tragedy.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #150
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

As to not seeing the film, or delaying things, or not discussing the character out of respect for the tragedy,

I'd argue the message this character delivers is more relevant then ever.

Overcoming great tragedy to help others and fight the criminals so that others will not suffer that same fate.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote