Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #551
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
Grats, Nidgit, looking great! Now go fix it's clothes and take some pictures further from the camera, will ya?
The guns and grenades are metal? About the hands, my Arnie came like this. I had to keep moving them around until they "softened" up and now they get out really easy
Have you ever put on a collared shirt, tie, vest, jacket and overcoat . . . laid in a box for a few weeks and then tried to fix your outfit. Not easy . . . Now try it in 1:4 scale clothes with 1:1 scale fingers I've left him out so the outfit can settle a little and then I'll have another go.

Re the hands, my T800 and Batman weren't that tough to remove, but I'll follow your advice and work em a bit.

The handgun is plastic and the machine gun seems to be part plastic and part metal. They are definitely not in the same league as Arnies pistols and rose box shotgun. The knife is also plastic, and I didn't check the grenades but I think they might also be plastic.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #552
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentric83 View Post
Please tell me is this a toy again? Arnie is sick but wish it was a statue
Yeah so do I, but the majority of people in this hobby want to play with toys so these companies make items that the majority of consumers want.

Hot toys use to make great statues like the Alien Vs predator ones but the market for that is low, so they only make toys now.

That being said just because this is a toy doesn't mean it can not look realistic and like a statue right?

Quote:
I rather have a "toy" that looks this good than some 1/4 statues out there that looks like crap and don't have 1/10 of the quality OR the realism these have.

Will be joining my other awesome Enterbay HD 1/4 "Toys"...

Cap70 you and I have butted heads a few times and had some big disagreements but I have now come to release like you said I was just getting caught up in labels.

I mean like you said if it looks like a statue even though it is a toy then why does it matter? I know you only buy them for the likeness and realism because as you said in a previous post that you do not play with them. They stay in the same pose for a while at least.

Thank you cap for opening my eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentric83 View Post
Yea I agree but there Bruce lee is bloody fantastic... Can't they put there masterpieces in statues? Imagine arnie and joker in statues that will be sick...
Why would it matter? Like Cap said it is just a label thing, the only reason I would want it in a statue is because I do not like posing or playing with figures and I hate all those stupid unnecessary items that come with them and plus I hate swapping hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post

well said cap, it should be about how good a product looks overall rather than what it is. Same goes for the materials it's made from, I'd rather have realistic looking plastic than poorly painted polystone.
Hidden joints are a must for me though, Bruce they made the right decision with giving him no joints unlike Rambo. But where they can be covered like with Arnie then it gives you many more display options which can only be a good thing.

Yep cap taught me the same thing I just got caught up in labels, I thought no it must be a statue for it to be accepted but 1/4 scale figures do look like statues unlike 1/6 figures. I really want to get out of 1/6 figures and get more into 1/4 figures.

The only thing I like about polystone is that it is heavy and so, does not feel like an action figure but I have never owned an articulated 1/4 scale action figure so I do not know how much they weigh anyway.
Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #553
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Have you ever put on a collared shirt, tie, vest, jacket and overcoat . . . laid in a box for a few weeks and then tried to fix your outfit. Not easy . . . Now try it in 1:4 scale clothes with 1:1 scale fingers I've left him out so the outfit can settle a little and then I'll have another go.

Re the hands, my T800 and Batman weren't that tough to remove, but I'll follow your advice and work em a bit.

The handgun is plastic and the machine gun seems to be part plastic and part metal. They are definitely not in the same league as Arnies pistols and rose box shotgun. The knife is also plastic, and I didn't check the grenades but I think they might also be plastic.

I know....that's why these NEEDS some futzing skills!
Man, they should have done the accessories like the Rambo/Arnie. Rambo It's basically all made out of metal and real wood....really amazing. The only thing that have some plastic in the Rambo figure is the luncher and bow. The knife is very sharp metal, you could hurt someone with it.

BTW, did your Joker come with the keychain? I ask you this cause I heard a guy that didn't get it...
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #554
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
I collect premium format statues and was wondering if I should pull the trigger on this. I have never bought anything from Enterbay before.

Will it fit with my collection?
Do you think Sideshow will ever do a Joker Premium Format or should I just buy this?

Thanks!
Yes you will never get a PF that looks as good as this, ironically, the best companies for likeness and realism are the toy companies Hot Toys and Enterbay! They will never make PFs so this is the closest thing you will get to a PF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
Buy it. I don't think you'll see a pf from SS. This will fit in
At least not at this level of quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy 88 View Post
Even if SS do a PF, it won't come anywhere close in terms of likeness.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #555
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Man, they should have done the accessories like the Rambo/Arnie. Rambo It's basically all made out of metal and real wood....really amazing. The only thing that have some plastic in the Rambo figure is the luncher and bow. The knife is very sharp metal, you could hurt someone with it.

BTW, did your Joker come with the keychain? I ask you this cause I heard a guy that didn't get it...
I'll have to check tomorrow (I'm in bed already ) I def got the socks and mask. A little disappointed with the weapons set. The machine gun has a folding stock that is definitely metal, and some of the other components might be, but the handgun and knife are plastic no doubt and I didn't get out the launcher but pretty sure it was all plastic as well. The little joker playing cards are cool though.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #556
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Joker arrived today. Great companion piece for Batman and absolutely love it. The only gripes were some very minor scuffs on the surface of the base, and the mostly plastic weapons. After the T800, Enterbay has taken a big step backwards with plastic accessories. Biggest gripe was that the changeable hands are virtually impossible to remove. I was going to post some pics with gun in hand, but gave up after a major struggle. Ran out of time, but I really thought I was going to brake something

That aside, the tailoring is amazing and that portrait is insane. Apologies for the dark pics (it's almost bedtime).

]
Pics Looks good, cant wait to get mine! Congrats!

Quote:
Will if I am, I'll make sure the Joker's outfit is ironed and fitted and ready for action
Why didn't you do what you said you would do?

Quote:

I think if he Ironed the coat like he said he would, it would look perfect!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #557
cap70

Hey Dark, it's all god bro... glad I could be of some help!

I love statues, BTW.
Have many in my collection(way more than I have figures) and still will be buying them. I go for the characters, so doesn't matter which company does what, I will buy the one I think looks better/more realistic and it's the best representation of the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
Yeah so do I, but the majority of people in this hobby want to play with toys so these companies make items that the majority of consumers want.

Hot toys use to make great statues like the Alien Vs predator ones but the market for that is low, so they only make toys now.

That being said just because this is a toy doesn't mean it can not look realistic and like a statue right?

Cap70 you and I have butted heads a few times and had some big disagreements but I have now come to release like you said I was just getting caught up in labels.

I mean like you said if it looks like a statue even though it is a toy then why does it matter? I know you only buy them for the likeness and realism because as you said in a previous post that you do not play with them. They stay in the same pose for a while at least.

Thank you cap for opening my eyes!

Why would it matter? Like Cap said it is just a label thing, the only reason I would want it in a statue is because I do not like posing or playing with figures and I hate all those stupid unnecessary items that come with them and plus I hate swapping hands.

Yep cap taught me the same thing I just got caught up in labels, I thought no it must be a statue for it to be accepted but 1/4 scale figures do look like statues unlike 1/6 figures. I really want to get out of 1/6 figures and get more into 1/4 figures.

The only thing I like about polystone is that it is heavy and so, does not feel like an action figure but I have never owned an articulated 1/4 scale action figure so I do not know how much they weigh anyway.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #558
cap70

Quote:
I'll have to check tomorrow (I'm in bed already ) I def got the socks and mask. A little disappointed with the weapons set. The machine gun has a folding stock that is definitely metal, and some of the other components might be, but the handgun and knife are plastic no doubt and I didn't get out the launcher but pretty sure it was all plastic as well. The little joker playing cards are cool though.
Yeah, I would also have loved if everything was made out of metal too. Make sure to check if you got the chains, though..
And just to think I still have an one month wait until mine arrives....
Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #559
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Joker arrived today. Great companion piece for Batman and absolutely love it. The only gripes were some very minor scuffs on the surface of the base, and the mostly plastic weapons. After the T800, Enterbay has taken a big step backwards with plastic accessories. Biggest gripe was that the changeable hands are virtually impossible to remove. I was going to post some pics with gun in hand, but gave up after a major struggle. Ran out of time, but I really thought I was going to brake something

That sucks man, that is what I hate about having so many different hands and stuff the pegs are usually so fragile so you end up breaking the peg and then you need a new peg for the hand.

So this is why I have one peg for each spiderman hand for my Hot Toys Spiderman, in case I want to swap them which is rare.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #560
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
Pics Looks good, cant wait to get mine! Congrats!
Where are you getting yours from, Dark, if you don't mind me asking?