Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 02-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #31
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Drew, the original wire he had coming from the wall was the ethernet cable, not the Coax cable. (he was missing the modem) That's why I stated the pic shown here was the way to go..Once he found the Modem he can go this route, Remember he also has to Re-Hook up his Mom's internet connection (which is port 2 back to the Wall/Mom's Connection), so he will need the router.
Regardless if the cable coming from the wall is an Ethernet cable or a coaxial cable, that cable still has to go to a modem first, not second as he had it shown in his original drawing. The source of the signal is the wall outlet, the authorization and reading of the signal is the modem.

The router is really only needed if he needs wireless capabilities (assuming it's a wireless router) or he needs the signal from the modem going to more than one device as a wired connection (also assuming his modem only allows one Ethernet cable to go to a device).

Honestly, some pictures would be 10x more helpful, because I honestly can't fathom how this is such a confusing problem to solve for him. It's literally plug and play unless there's some unknown variable he's not mentioning.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #32
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Regardless if the cable coming from the wall is an Ethernet cable or a coaxial cable, that cable still has to go to a modem first, not second as he had it shown in his original drawing. The source of the signal is the wall outlet, the authorization and reading of the signal is the modem.

The router is really only needed if he needs wireless capabilities (assuming it's a wireless router) or he needs the signal from the modem going to more than one device as a wired connection (also assuming his modem only allows one Ethernet cable to go to a device).
Honestly, some pictures would be 10x more helpful, because I honestly can't fathom how this is such a confusing problem to solve for him. It's literally plug and play unless there's some unknown variable he's not mentioning.
That's the route I thought he needed...As far as the modem I am pretty sure the one given by the cable companies are always 1 port..Because most of them sell Routers to customers (working for Verizon this is what they did as well) if they need internet in more then one place.

But you are right, setting it up should be a snap.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #33
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Thanks Andrew, the info is very helpfull.

The Wii U only going wireless is realy weird. It it wasn't because Nintando have so many of my favorites games from my childhood and teenage years. I would drop that konsol alltogether.

@ Frankie
I'm confused dude.

I don't need my mom's internet, it was only a test run before I get my own internet, I will not be having a computer, only the Xbox 360 and later on a Wii U.

I can't afford it all at once.

I will be getting a laptop later on and planning on using that as is and if there's a cool vid on the net then hooking up the laptop to my big screen TV via HDMI. But the laptop won't come until next year. LOL.

I still have one of those two in one couch/bed things in my living room. I have a bedroom with no bed. LOL.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #34
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Thanks Andrew, the info is very helpfull.

The Wii U only going wireless is realy weird. It it wasn't because Nintando have so many of my favorites games from my childhood and teenage years. I would drop that konsol alltogether.

@ Frankie
I'm confused dude.

I don't need my mom's internet, it was only a test run before I get my own internet, I will not be having a computer, only the Xbox 360 and later on a Wii U.

I can't afford it all at once.

I will be getting a laptop later on and planning on using that as is and if there's a cool vid on the net then hooking up the laptop to my big screen TV via HDMI. But the laptop won't come until next year. LOL.

I still have one of those two in one couch/bed things in my living room. I have a bedroom with no bed. LOL.

AHH.... OK then yes go with Andrews advice, since you don't need anything else running yet. I thought you wanted everything up all at once.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Yet another box and setup.

The red wire that goes from the wall to the front of the box has to be like that.

Other than that is the setup correct?

screenshot by lightshot
Old 06-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #36
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Nevermind.

It's all worked out now.