Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #15141
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
Okay who jacked bullseye account and left this ridiculous rating?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #15142
Python
Omega Red

Iron Man 3 7/10

I didn't like the second film at all and I wasn't a huge fan of the Avengers after all of the hype it received. This then was a pleasant surprise to me. Not outstanding as a movie but it was enjoyable enough. A bit silly at times but I suppose that is to be expected and solid performances made up for it.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #15143
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Iron Man 3 7/10

I didn't like the second film at all and I wasn't a huge fan of the Avengers after all of the hype it received. This then was a pleasant surprise to me. Not outstanding as a movie but it was enjoyable enough. A bit silly at times but I suppose that is to be expected and solid performances made up for it.
Not a fan of Avengers and liked IM3.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #15144
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Kick ass 2. 5/10
The naked prey 4/10. A 1960 movie and I am sure in its day it was great. Not now tho lol
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #15145
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Evil Dead (remake) - Complete hellish crap/a flick worth watching.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #15146
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
I agree, very overrated movie. the part about his taking a point blank bullet to the head and yet an ambulance arrives way later and he's still alive on the operating table not to mention the fact that he knew his partner for all over 3 hours then we're supposed to buy into their supposed bond later.

I enjoy part 2 a lot more, it had a lot more fun with itself where the first is a ludicrous movie that tries to take itself way too serious...plus Robo-Cain is friggin amazing where as Ed is a damn walking dumpster
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #15147
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I agree, very overrated movie. the part about his taking a point blank bullet to the head and yet an ambulance arrives way later and he's still alive on the operating table not to mention the fact that he knew his partner for all over 3 hours then we're supposed to buy into their supposed bond later.

I enjoy part 2 a lot more, it had a lot more fun with itself where the first is a ludicrous movie that tries to take itself way too serious...plus Robo-Cain is friggin amazing where as Ed is a damn walking dumpster
Are you complaining about logic and plot holes for a movie called Robocop, the story of a man who becomes Robocop? If there's one thing I hate in my sci-fi/action schlock, it's plot holes and logic inconsistencies. When I go into a film called Robocop, it better have a flawless script and not be stupid.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #15148
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This is 40 ~ 1/10

not a single laugh escaped from me the whole time. Watching the thing just made me sorta depressed. One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #15149
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Are you complaining about logic and plot holes for a movie called Robocop, the story of a man who becomes Robocop? If there's one thing I hate in my sci-fi/action schlock, it's plot holes and logic inconsistencies. When I go into a film called Robocop, it better have a flawless script and not be stupid.
there's suspension of disbelief then there is plain stupid, and honestly for a movie as highly regarded as Robocop is yes I want it to be less stupid then it is, don't get me wrong it's a fun movie sure, but it's not a good movie
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #15150
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
there's suspension of disbelief then there is plain stupid, and honestly for a movie as highly regarded as Robocop is yes I want it to be less stupid then it is, don't get me wrong it's a fun movie sure, but it's not a good movie
The level of acceptable stupid is subjective. I bet there's way dumber movies that you love and don't even think about how stupid they are. There are certain films that I just have to give a pass to. Robocop is one of them. It's not trying to be smart. It's as stupid as it wants to be and revels in it.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote