Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Agent Zero
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Predicting the future...

Nothing is a guarantee, but is it possible to have a foresight into what a piece may be worth one day and how many of you rely on that judgement when deciding on what to buy and keeping for the foreseeable future?
Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Resale value, at least for me, does play a role, however, definitely not the only role. End of auction sales numbers typically help in getting a sense of what other pieces of a similar nature might be worth, now and in the future. I wouldn't automatically go by what dealers are asking on CAF as they typically price high. Also, I generally recommend asking your friends for their opinion in pieces/prices. What typically draws me to a piece is how definitive the piece is of the character, as well as the artist, condition, price, size, and potential resale value years down the road. Also, I try to streamline my purchases so that I don't dabble into too many different areas of artwork.

Ultimately, however, artwork really comes down to what one person is willing to pay. If a piece is priced at what many are willing to pay, then it's likely priced too low. And, visa versa.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Agent Zero

You made a very good observation that I believe others fail to realize. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Resale value, at least for me, does play a role, however, definitely not the only role. End of auction sales numbers typically help in getting a sense of what other pieces of a similar nature might be worth, now and in the future. I wouldn't automatically go by what dealers are asking on CAF as they typically price high. Also, I generally recommend asking your friends for their opinion in pieces/prices. What typically draws me to a piece is how definitive the piece is of the character, as well as the artist, condition, price, size, and potential resale value years down the road. Also, I try to streamline my purchases so that I don't dabble into too many different areas of artwork.

Ultimately, however, artwork really comes down to what one person is willing to pay. If a piece is priced as what many are willing to pay, then it's likely priced too low. And, visa versa.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Agent Zero

I can't highlight it but I am referring to the.following comment: "If a piece is priced as to what many are willing to pay, then its likely priced too low."