Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #1
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Mothers Basment UK is gone.

Just a heads up to anyone in the UK who has orders with online collectables store Mothers basement, they have been forced to cease trading due to financial difficulties and have called in the administrators.

Hopefully anyone who has outstanding orders with them will get refunded by their banks.

Here is the message on their website -

Mother’s Basement has been forced to cease trading as and from Monday February 3rd 2014 due to financial difficulties.

Any customers who have outstanding orders with Mother’s Basement and haven’t received a dispatch confirmation or have previously requested a refund but have not received it are advised that you contact your card provider immediately to seek a full refund. If you paid by credit card and the order was over £100, your purchase is covered by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. If you paid by credit card and the order value was under £100 or you paid by debit card, you are advised to place a chargeback with the card issuer to reclaim the funds. If you paid by Paypal, you are advised to contact PayPal or your card provider if the transaction was funded with your registered credit or debit card.

More information about Section 75 and chargebacks can be found by clicking here

Trade creditors of Mother’s Basement will be contacted individually by February 17th 2014
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #2
JAMESTALKALOT
Doh!

£299 they owe my mums CC. She placed an order on the 22nd of Jan, she talked to Kate asking about the Darth Vader Mythos statue. There was 2 in stock and was told 3 days to deliver. Then she got a call on Monday the 24th to say the 2 they had in stock were damaged but they had another one coming from the supplier in a day or 2 and not to worry. She was nice as pie and I talked to her as well as It was for me (I did not have an account with them but my mum did, and they were the only ones who had Vader in stock although I never did like them, the posts they made on FB were just not professional at times)

I can't get over how nice she was on the phone though.. She would have known then. I should have known better with all the problems they had over Christmas. But I? And I'm sure many others gave them the benefit of the doubt.

My mum has called the CC company and been told they are sending a dispute form, but said they can't say 100% if we will get refunded... This is the first time this has happened to us.... I read Kate was an ex cop as well someplace a few weeks ago. . Gutted.

Kate (owner) from MB could have just said to my mum that day on facebook they had none is stock and that would have been that. But she took our money.. No they STOLE IT plain and simple. I hope they get everything they deserve!... I hope my mum gets her money refunded. Or I'm £300 out of pocket for nothing
JAMESTALKALOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
Vracula
Jedi Order

Mothersbasement.co.uk

Apparently these people have done a runner ,Just saw the post in a facebook group,Scums were accepting payments hours before they closed shop.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #4
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Threads merged.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The thread over on the freaks forum has some shocking posts, it does seem that they knew they were going bust and yet still took orders until the very last minute knowing full well that they could not honor them, despicable.

One member apparently had £1400 worth of pre-orders with them.

I was actually thinking about getting the Punisher PF from them only last week.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

HMV did the same thing with their gift vouchers.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Vracula
Jedi Order

Whoops didnt know there was a thread, good one Bulls.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

Wow. Sorry to hear about this happening to you, folks.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #9
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
The thread over on the freaks forum has some shocking posts, it does seem that they knew they were going bust and yet still took orders until the very last minute knowing full well that they could not honor them, despicable.

One member apparently had £1400 worth of pre-orders with them.

I was actually thinking about getting the Punisher PF from them only last week.
I don't know if many of you have had friends going through a bankruptcy, especially a business that was their livelihood and provided their primary source of income and now they don't know what they are going to do. There is always that hope that a few more orders could save them allowing a few more bills to be paid or employees to get paid. It's is not uncommon for people in this predicament to make the wrong decisions even if they had some clue their business wasn't doing well. Unfortunately customers get hurt in the process so wishing them to "get what they deserved" may be a little harsh if you don't know all the background. It is a sad situation all the way around whenever someone's business has to close.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #10
JAMESTALKALOT
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I don't know if many of you have had friends going through a bankruptcy, especially a business that was their livelihood and provided their primary source of income and now they don't know what they are going to do. There is always that hope that a few more orders could save them allowing a few more bills to be paid or employees to get paid. It's is not uncommon for people in this predicament to make the wrong decisions even if they had some clue their business wasn't doing well. Unfortunately customers get hurt in the process so wishing them to "get what they deserved" may be a little harsh if you don't know all the background. It is a sad situation all the way around whenever someone's business has to close.

I get where you are coming from I really do. But I 100% stand by what I said and I have a good reason. You see? There's right and there's wrong. The right thing to do would have been to just tell my mum when she asked before she committed herself to a purchase that they had no stock. But she was in fact told yes they did and it would be sent out. Add to the fact that she gets a call from Kate herself and told not to worry that they statue would 100% be sent out (all BS off course). At the moment we're in the camp that 'might' get money back. But I now know of so many people who are not so lucky and have more lost than £299.99..... I'm sorry, but I feel no sympathy for the owners of Mother's Basement at all. I do feel for people like my mum (who is 65 years old) and others who have had to deal with banks and such all day to try and get the ball rolling to get money back that they stole... I respect the fact that you are thinking of the family of those who run MB. But they have brought all they get on themselves.

BTW my mum was told it was not 100% if she would get refunded. So we'll just have to wait and see. It's lucky we have a copy of all documentation to give a strong case as to not getting the goods promised by MB. We'll see what happens. I just wish everybody involved the best of luck (except the owners of MB off course).
JAMESTALKALOT is offline   Reply With Quote