Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Injustice: Gods among us (Collectors edition [European version])

(Please note that the game will not be shown nor reviewed here, or discussed at in length)

This review is of the European version of the Collector's Edition, while the USA received another version which can be viewed here: http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr..._usa_thumb.jpg

When Werner Brothers purchased NetherRealm studios a few years ago, it was almost inevitable that a fighting game would be released about the DC universe following the very successful Mortal Kombat reboot back in 2011. Warner Brothers has been quite aggressive bringing their DC licences to the electronic video game format, be it the brilliant and dark "Arkham" series of games from Rocksteady, to the child friendly "Scribblenauts: Unmasked" and the MOBA "Infinite Crisis" from Turbine games, 2013s "Injustice: Gods among us" is another great example of this push into our living rooms with a great fighting video game which has been need for so long.

Enough about the video game side of the story and onto the statue side of it. If you managed to purchase the Collectors edition of the game, it came with a great statue depicting Batman facing off against Wonder Woman (which is explained in the games plot), which to be frank is worth the roughly $100 price tag alone. With almost all of the previously mentioned DC games there have either been statues and action figures released after the game or at the same time with, in order to capitalise on the hype and possible success of their respective franchises. With DCs years of experience in the statue and action figure department, this is a move that just makes business sense and as the consumer, we are all better off for it. Now after that intro, onto the piece itself.

Sculpt
Standing at 9" (23cm) tall the piece has been expertly crafted complete with the large cape, armour intricacies and about half the piece hanging in the air. Made from what I would imagine to be PVC (like the Bishoujo line from Kotobukiya), the piece doesn't feel cheap, flimsy or brittle, it feels weighted, solid and epic when held in your hands. Small details like the carvings on Wonder Woman's shield and boots add a layer of craftsmanship to the piece, not what I expected with an item that most people would think is simply tacked onto the game for a few extra dollars.

Paint/Mixed Media
The paint appears near perfect and detailed for a piece that is on the smaller side of DC collectibles. Lines are clean and well painted, never running over onto another piece of clothing or skin. The cape is made from a strong rubber type material than can slightly bend but once again never feels cheap or brittle. The only slight complaints I have are the eyes, which don't show any signs of life especially on Batman, and the lasso around both characters, made from simple wire wrapped in a gold foil.

Design
I feel the spirit of the game is captured wonderfully in this piece. Action and characters caught in an epic battle is a hallmark of the game and it transition well into the overall design of this piece. What I would have liked to see would be a bit more expression on Batman's face, with it appearing as if he couldn't care the slightest that he is in the middle of a battle with Wonder Woman.

Production & Build Quality
As mentioned above, the piece is solid and well built, even considering it cost no more than $40 when the game was released.

With a price tag of around $25 currently on Amazon there is no excuse not to add this piece to your collection, irrespective of it your played the game or not. It's a wonderful statue made by some really talented people (sadly I couldn't find any information about them) and if you're a fan of video games, DC Collectibles or just great statues which display well, this is a definite must buy! Two big thumbs up from me

Final score: 9/10

[/URL]

Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Amazing, Bro!! I just noticed this review. I am so jelly now. It looks better than the US version. As always, nice review!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
demonhunter
Kingpin

Wow, European version is a lot nicer! Both WW & Batman!
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
El Pulento
The InJustice League

What is the US version?..
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pulento View Post
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I own, and like them both but I do prefer the European offering myself as well.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
qz33
Rescue

^ Is/was this really $25 on Amazon? All I see for that is the North MAerican version.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #9
El Pulento
The InJustice League

El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

The US version and the North American version are the same thing.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote