Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #1891
magonzal70
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hi Alex,

Any anticipated delays for the Man of Steel PF or is he still scheduled to ship next month?
magonzal70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #1892
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin3000 View Post
Ouch! That's a bummer... Any idea why that is? I mean it's almost wrong to not have these additions don't you agree? Just doesn't seem logical that Sideshow wouldn't correct things that are pointed out by the fans/customers that are obviously wrong...
Sometimes additions to items aren't possible and other times they are. If an item is too far along in the process adding in a newly sculpted feature or paint change may not be possible due to time constraints/already locked in product details.

And since you're asking my opinion on adding features versus not adding features...in my opinion (not Sideshow's...just my opinion)...the lack of a star on Captain America's back or lack of Iron Patriot's deployed arm weapon doesn't detract from these pieces at all. I've seen both in person and both looks very nice to me and to not have them added doesn't seem wrong at all. When I look at them I see Captain America and Iron Patriot in really cool action poses, great costumes, and accessories.

Should anything change with these products, we would let customers know of course but as of right now it's my understanding no changes are planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Alex - are 1/6 figures part of the new Friday the 13th announcement?
I do believe it will include sixth scale figures in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4Life View Post
Alex, any new info on that alien queen hive or was it decided to be scraped? Thanks
It looks more and more like a project that may not be possible to bring to the masses. Far too big and intricate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magonzal70 View Post
Hi Alex,

Any anticipated delays for the Man of Steel PF or is he still scheduled to ship next month?
I haven't heard of any as I type this.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #1893
Y3E
Gen 13

SSAlex, are you going to be at SDCC?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #1894
BurningRage
The Maxx

Will there be a month long online comic con event like last year?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #1895
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Sentinel Maquette

Hello Alex,

Can you tell us how tall will the Sentinel Maquette will be? The Galactis Maquette stands over 33". Will the Sentinel be taller?
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #1896
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Sometimes additions to items aren't possible and other times they are. If an item is too far along in the process adding in a newly sculpted feature or paint change may not be possible due to time constraints/already locked in product details.

And since you're asking my opinion on adding features versus not adding features...in my opinion (not Sideshow's...just my opinion)...the lack of a star on Captain America's back or lack of Iron Patriot's deployed arm weapon doesn't detract from these pieces at all. I've seen both in person and both looks very nice to me and to not have them added doesn't seem wrong at all. When I look at them I see Captain America and Iron Patriot in really cool action poses, great costumes, and accessories.

Should anything change with these products, we would let customers know of course but as of right now it's my understanding no changes are planned.
Thanks Alex. I remember the star on the back of the Cap was brought up long time ago so not sure why Sideshow was reluctant to add that... Well it is what it is and I do appreciate you coming up here trying to ease the pain
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #1897
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
SSAlex, are you going to be at SDCC?
I will be there, yes! This will be SDCC #13 for me (in a row), ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Will there be a month long online comic con event like last year?
There will be a month long event but most new teases/announcements and any Pre-Orders should be up by the time Preview night hits on July 23rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Hello Alex,

Can you tell us how tall will the Sentinel Maquette will be? The Galactis Maquette stands over 33". Will the Sentinel be taller?
I don't know the exact measurements of the piece but I saw it in person yesterday and it looks to be about the same height as Galactus...maaaaybe a smidge taller or shorter. It's hard for me to tell for sure without them being side by side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin3000 View Post
Thanks Alex. I remember the star on the back of the Cap was brought up long time ago so not sure why Sideshow was reluctant to add that... Well it is what it is and I do appreciate you coming up here trying to ease the pain
Always happy to answer questions/concerns here! Love talking with y'all (truly!)!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #1898
fanou
Frackin!

Hey SSAlex
Can we expect Friday the 13th (perhaps PF) and Evil Dead 2 on SDCC ??
Thanks
fanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #1899
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanou View Post
Hey SSAlex
Can we expect Friday the 13th (perhaps PF) and Evil Dead 2 on SDCC ??
Thanks
It's far too early at this point to showcase anything from those two licenses right now as there are no finished prototypes.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #1900
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Alex

What's going on at the ports ? Why the Sups are stuck there ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote