Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #991
MarkNew
Sculptor
Sculptor

The point is they are creating an entire property or brand. No limits to where it can go. Comic books, Graphic Novels, Children apparel, VIDEO GAMES!!! MOTION PICTURES!!, THEME PARKS!!! COURT of the DEAD CRUZ LINE !!!! RESORT ISLAND DESTINATION!!!!
MarkNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #992
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNew View Post
The point is they are creating an entire property or brand. No limits to where it can go. Comic books, Graphic Novels, MOTION PICTURES!!, THEME PARKS!!! RESORT ISLAND DESTINATION!!!!
That sounds awesome.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #993
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butttornado View Post
I want to preface this by saying I love the line and plan on getting about 6 of them.

How many statues do you guys think they will actually sell if this series? Most people buy for nostalgia of if a movie excited them etc. cotd is a completely new story and has no fan following. I feel like the es on these are too big already, and I don't envision them ever selling out... Which means resale will be nonexistent. Which also means people better be 100% sure they want something before they buy. I feel like the es really should be about 1000 on these.
It all depends on sales.
This line seems to have a lot of interest so far. So much, that even with the numerous pieces that were revealed at SDCC, they have more in the works. Can these pieces keep resale like Marvel and DC, probably not. But I feel these pieces will keep my interest more. I grow bored with the comic statues.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #994
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
The point is they are creating an entire property or brand. No limits to where it can go. Comic books, Graphic Novels, Children apparel, VIDEO GAMES!!! MOTION PICTURES!!, THEME PARKS!!! COURT of the DEAD CRUZ LINE !!!! RESORT ISLAND DESTINATION!!!!
WooHoo! I can't wait to ride the Queen of the Dead!! Wait...no...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #995
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I'm guessing kids clothing won't be a big hit......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #996
MarkNew
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
WooHoo! I can't wait to ride the Queen of the Dead!! Wait...no...
… or how about Gallevarbe's log ride!!!
MarkNew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #997
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
… or how about Gallevarbe's log ride!!!
think I'll pass on that one
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #998
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
It all depends on sales.
This line seems to have a lot of interest so far. So much, that even with the numerous pieces that were revealed at SDCC, they have more in the works. Can these pieces keep resale like Marvel and DC, probably not. But I feel these are pieces that I can see myself displaying for the long term. I grow bored with the comic statues.
I wonder if that's necessarily correct? Sure, everyone knows Spiderman et al, but does it therefore mean a product based on that imagery will hold it's value more than something from an 'original' line? If you want something like a character from CotD, then there's really only one place to go.....on the other hand, if you really want a Spiderman statue you're spoilt for choice. I'd be bold enough now to suggest, for certain characters (eg Wolverine / Hulk) there's so much choice out there that you'd be crazy to spend over the odds on a particular statue.

Some people will certainly jump on this statement and prove me wrong with a super hard to find statue version of the Hulk now worth $gazillion......however, I'd argue that the market for a statue like that (given the large choice of cheaper alternatives) is probably quite niche, and no bigger than what would be expected of the equivalent market for CotD.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #999
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I wonder if that's necessarily correct? Sure, everyone knows Spiderman et al, but does it therefore mean a product based on that imagery will hold it's value more than something from an 'original' line? If you want something like a character from CotD, then there's really only one place to go.....on the other hand, if you really want a Spiderman statue you're spoilt for choice. I'd be bold enough now to suggest, for certain characters (eg Wolverine / Hulk) there's so much choice out there that you'd be crazy to spend over the odds on a particular statue.

Some people will certainly jump on this statement and prove me wrong with a super hard to find statue version of the Hulk now worth $gazillion......however, I'd argue that the market for a statue like that (given the large choice of cheaper alternatives) is probably quite niche, and no bigger than what would be expected of the equivalent market for CotD.
The superhero market is huge. There is a reason that there are way more superhero statues than horror/fantasy.
Even with the large amount of Hulks, Iron Mans, Spidermans etc., there is still a huge want for them. So much so that they usually quadruple in price.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #1000
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
If you printed out comics like the digital version you made for Siren then I'd probably buy one for each character.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote