Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #1101
Thor57
Teen Titans

His legs arent to short. They just look that way due to his thick thighs and high boots.

And I dont think this is a WIP. I think Mr. Sosa said "Thor is done."
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #1102
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Bobfrog, if you have an idea of what it is you want and don't want (and it seems you know exactly what you want), then this is what you should spend your money on, don't you think? At least, that's my take. There's no pressure on anyone to commit to buy anything if they feel they might be settling in some way. Hopefully, XM is still in the dialogue stages of the creative process and will consider tweaking the piece to make it more action oriented. Or, they'll produce it as is.

While museum poses are generally nice, sometimes even really nice, it's very easy to become used to doing them like Bowen at which point, many statues start to look the same. If XM wants to be the "Wow" company, the bar is set pretty high, which is great for us, but it's a lot of self-imposed pressure on them. I think it's great that there's a company out there that doesn't want to call it in. However, for now, I am not seeing "Wow. This is amazing." in this Thor pose. As an example, Bowen's spinning hammer statue had lots of wow to it.

The Mags seems to be the statue to which all XM pieces will be compared, at least for now. That statue has wow written all over it in several languages. Right now, can we say the same for the Thor?
I like this Thor statue better than Magneto quite honestly. Tons more options....great pose....spinning hammer....and it fits in perfectly with the rest of the Avengers line.

I am also bias because THor is my favorite comic book character! Can't wait to see this with the base and all painted up.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #1103
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I like this Thor statue better than Magneto quite honestly. Tons more options....great pose....spinning hammer....and it fits in perfectly with the rest of the Avengers line.

I am also bias because THor is my favorite comic book character! Can't wait to see this with the base and all painted up.
Ditto. Magneto isn't a character I envision in a throne, which is why it didn't work for me. Thanos yes. Odin yes. Dr Doom yes. Magneto needs an action pose to demonstrate his magnetism. JMO.

Love this Thor. Has attitude. You, prepare to be hammered.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #1104
Thor57
Teen Titans

x2
Old 11-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #1105
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Bowen's thor is 1/6 scale his is 1/4 and easily will have more presence based on size alone, then add in this pose to line up with the rest of the Avengers, perfect! Love the sculpt great job Erick as always, this will be the only representation I need of classic Thor in my collection.

One small suggestion for the spinning hammer hand is to have the palm facing outward instead of inward similar to the static hammer right hand.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #1106
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Ditto. Magneto isn't a character I envision in a throne, which is why it didn't work for me. Thanos yes. Odin yes. Dr Doom yes. Magneto needs an action pose to demonstrate his magnetism. JMO.

this sums it up nicely. He is playing with his opponent.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #1107
adee
Green Arrow

While I like many of XMs pieces this Thor is my favorite. Honestly I'm still having a hard time justifying the price but I really want one.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #1108
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post

totally agree. would have def preferred Mags in a mid flight pose exerting his powers in some fashion.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #1109
Python
Omega Red

I like the pose on this personally looking at the early sculpt, I don't think he looks rigid at all. I'm more of a casual Thor fan though so what would I know I like it regardless.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #1110
Thor57
Teen Titans

I did just notice something. The open area on the back of his cape at the top, around the neckline. I know in the comics it's been drawn both overly large like that, and also a lot more synched up, not showing as much back and having more cloth.

How do guys feel and what do you think? I can't quite decide yet.