Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #971
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I did not get the shipping quote. If another Canadian member got charged $40 to ship to Toronto then I'm going to use that. I can not believe it was $88 to begin with. There are some peeps in the U.S. said they were charged less then $25 to ship. I think of at least hope I was initially misquoted for the frame print.
They were going to charge me $88. I had to drop the frame.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #972
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
They were going to charge me $88. I had to drop the frame.
How can there be 2 different rates for Kier & PI frame? That makes absolutely no sense whats so ever. In the US, am member said his fedex shipping was going to be $20.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #973
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
How can there be 2 different rates for Kier & PI frame? That makes absolutely no sense whats so ever. In the US, am member said his fedex shipping was going to be $20.
The frames are totally different between the DC and Court of the Dead pieces. Court of the Dead frames are larger than the DC ones. So there would indeed be a difference in ship costs since the dimensions differ.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #974
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The frames are totally different between the DC and Court of the Dead pieces. Court of the Dead frames are larger than the DC ones. So there would indeed be a difference in ship costs since the dimensions differ.
That really makes no sense. If the Kier frame is larger then the DC frame, why is it only $40 to ship Kier and the smaller DC frame is $88? I'm I missing something here? And even if the demension is slightly bigger, there is no way it would double the cost to ship the framed prints.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #975
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
That really makes no sense. If the Kier frame is larger then the DC frame, why is it only $40 to ship Kier and the smaller DC frame is $88? I'm I missing something here? And even if the demension is slightly bigger, there is no way it would double the cost to ship the framed prints.
Yes, the shipping cost can indeed double due to just a slight size increase. Why? The matter of a 1/4 of an inch (give or take) can put an item into an entirely different category for shipping costs…a category that can indeed double the price. It's not always weight based but dimension based.

Everyone in this thread has been all over the place with the price estimates they've been getting. Some people are saying $20, orders $40, others $88, so folks should be getting a accurate price estimatd from US directly for their item and NOT just think one persons ship quote posted here is going to be the exact same for them because more often than not persons A ship cost is going to differ from persons B (especially when they aren't next door neighbors).
Old 12-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #976
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Yes, the shipping cost can indeed double due to just a slight size increase. Why? The matter of a 1/4 of an inch (give or take) can put an item into an entirely different category for shipping costs…a category that can indeed double the price. It's not always weight based but dimension based.

Everyone in this thread has been all over the place with the price estimates they've been getting. Some people are saying $20, orders $40, others $88, so folks should be getting a accurate price estimatd from US directly for their item and NOT just think one persons ship quote posted here is going to be the exact same for them because more often than not persons A ship cost is going to differ from persons B (especially when they aren't next door neighbors).
Hi Alex. That is not my point. A larger frame is cheaper to ship then a smaller frame? Does that not sound right to you? Should it not be the other way around?

The Kier print that one of the member confirmed they were charged was shipped to Toronto was $40. The last I heard, Vancouver is closer to California. I am getting a DC frame (smaller then Kier) and I am charged $88??? The whole shipping charges you guys are doing makes no sense whats so ever.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #977
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I agree with Alex, in that it is best to just call and get your own information rather than going on what others say.

Just be polite about it. :-)
SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #978
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideAnomaly View Post
I agree with Alex, in that it is best to just call and get your own information rather than going on what others say.

Just be polite about it. :-)
I did call and I got no clear answer by anyone at ssc. It so frustrating when the answers I am getting makes no sense at all.

Because I commited to my reward points on the framing option, I am left with no real option from ssc. I can't have an off set collection when I want to dsplay these together.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #979
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Hi Alex. That is not my point. A larger frame is cheaper to ship then a smaller frame? Does that not sound right to you? Should it not be the other way around?

The Kier print that one of the member confirmed they were charged was shipped to Toronto was $40. The last I heard, Vancouver is closer to California. I am getting a DC frame (smaller then Kier) and I am charged $88??? The whole shipping charges you guys are doing makes no sense whats so ever.
Honestly…give us a ring, email, or chat when you have a chance. The best way to clear up ANY confusion with the ship costs to you and you alone would be to get in contact with our Customer Service Department directly and ask to see if you can get an estimated ship cost of Kier VS Poison Ivy to YOUR address. Never ever use what's posted on a forum board or Facebook as the gauge for you and your shipping costs of an item. There could be so many reasons why costs differ for folks (maybe they had a credit with us that they aren't disclosing publicly, maybe they aren't telling a truthful geographic area they are residing in, etc).
Old 12-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #980
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

Has anyone received a shipping notice for their Ivy print yet?
My credit card was charged back on November 19th and haven't heard anything since.
I thought I would have this in plenty of time for Christmas as it's going to be a gift for my girlfriend.
Getting kinda worried now.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote