Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #1511
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Confirmed bro.

Allocation dwindling and demand rising as well as new European distributors getting supplied.

When they first statred helping peeps in the forbidden zones they had a much bigger allottment. Just look at the amount of people they helped with Magneto. Some of those same collectors are now saying that they can't lock the latest statues in.
Oh man that sucks. I'm assuming the orders they have are at least secure, I hope. I ordered Thor back in late August early Sept so I would think I'm pretty safe.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #1512
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Oh man that sucks. I'm assuming the orders they have are at least secure, I hope. I ordered Thor back in late August early Sept so I would think I'm pretty safe.
How do you come up with such assumption?
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #1513
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
How do you come up with such assumption?
By assuming? Since to assume is to guess with no proof, really it doesn't matter if I say a great big dragon told me while I was in the drive thru at Burger King!

All jokes aside, what I was virtually saying is that Mark, Kenny and Scoots are already having to turn people down. But to my knowledge they haven't contacted anyone that they've already taken deposit or payment money from to tell them they have to cancel that persons pre order. That leads me to "assume" that they at least have an idea of what they can get as far as what we've seen printed already.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #1514
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:

You ordered this Thor back in August 2014? Dealers have been taking preorders of preorders that far in advance?

While I can understand the desire to own a cool upcoming piece, I must admit, I'm not a fan of the panic and sense of dread urgency that's been invited to buying certain statues lately. Thinking one must secure a preorder of a preorder 8 to 9 months prior to the official preorder date is out of whack.

JMO
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:50 PM   #1515
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You ordered this Thor back in August 2014? Dealers have been taking preorders of preorders that far in advance?

While I can understand the desire to own a cool upcoming piece, I must admit, I'm not a fan of the panic and sense of dread urgency that's been invited to buying certain statues lately. Thinking one must secure a preorder of a preorder 8 to 9 months prior to the official preorder date is out of whack.

JMO
separates the core from the hardcores
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:52 PM   #1516
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post

JMO
I also got my name in with a Singapore seller back in August for Thor.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #1517
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:
great big dragon told me while I was in the drive thru at Burger King!
Pics or it didn't happen

Now i have smoked some puff the magic Dragon and then went to eat a whopper with cheese
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #1518
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
By assuming? Since to assume is to guess with no proof, really it doesn't matter if I say a great big dragon told me while I was in the drive thru at Burger King!

All jokes aside, what I was virtually saying is that Mark, Kenny and Scoots are already having to turn people down. But to my knowledge they haven't contacted anyone that they've already taken deposit or payment money from to tell them they have to cancel that persons pre order. That leads me to "assume" that they at least have an idea of what they can get as far as what we've seen printed already.
I read your original statement wrong, I read it "the least secure" instead of "at least secure". That's what happen when I am reading the forum on my phone by the pool in Hawaii.

RS plenty of folks PO way early. I ordered all XM Marvel back in May last year. At this point, if you see something you like. You might as well order it, it's unlikely you will have trouble selling your PO.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #1519
toe
Alpha Flight

secured mine as well. Would look great next to Thanos too.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #1520
SONICobra
Batman

it might be time for xm go go over 999 es for some of these pieces... : puts on flame suit :
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote