Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #21
thx217
Ultimates

Yea, Spino didn't work for me also. The only scene that was cool in JPIII was the fight scene between Spino and T-Rex and that's about it. The casting and acting were all sub par.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #22
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Spino just looked fake to me and I didn't like the "rainbow" raptors. Just too busy for me really.
Fake looking?? 'Rainbow' raptors??

Whaaaaaaaaat????

Haha, It's all good.. to each is own.

...but I COMPLETELY disagree.

I LOVE the exotic look of the Raptors in JP3, and why shouldn't they have a bit more color?
Rainbow? Too busy?
I don't know. :/
Take a look at anything in nature, be it birds, reptiles, fish, anything.. especially in a tropical climate.
Nature is full of amazing, vibrant colors and patterns. I think the Raptors looks more like living organisms with the color scheme in the later films.

So much more beautiful and interesting to look at than the drab/brown original Raptors. (which I do love by the way)

I work in design, what can I say? I love color.

I just hope at some point down the line, Chronicle can offer something from the JP3 props.

Absolute dream come true for me would be a 1/1 scale male Raptor head. I loved those spines. Even more bird-like, which is apparently more accurate.

I love those piercing eye..

Yes, a male Raptor bust would be an absolute day-one purchase for me.. whatever the cost.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #23
Vader
Ghost

i love the spino too. but t-rex is my favorite.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #24
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Yea, Spino didn't work for me also. The only scene that was cool in JPIII was the fight scene between Spino and T-Rex and that's about it. The casting and acting were all sub par.
I don't disagree the film was lacking but I wasn't really talking about the quality of the script or the actors in it.

Talking about Stan Winston Studio's work on the film in regards to the animatronics and design work.

I even thought the Pteranodon scene was pretty well done effects wise. Those things looked pretty vicious.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #25
thx217
Ultimates

First thing first. Get all the JP1 dinos and props fully explored then maybe the rest of the not so important stuff.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #26
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
I don't disagree the film was lacking but I wasn't really talking about the quality of the script or the actors in it.

Talking about Stan Winston Studio's work on the film in regards to the animatronics and design work.

I even thought the Pteranodon scene was pretty well done effects wise. Those things looked pretty vicious.
Absolutely my friend.

There were many cool scenes in the series but you know, the are just not as...close to the heart as the first one. But hey, being a dino lover, we can never have enough authentic movie dino replicas from the good old Stan Winston Studios.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:11 PM   #27
CallMe_Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
First thing first. Get all the JP1 dinos and props fully explored then maybe the rest of the not so important stuff.
Haha! I do agree, JP1 first and foremost.
Speaking of which, I remember Paul said the dino embyo can was off because of the Barbasol name brand on the can... but then I saw these at the store the other day...

Hmm... looks like they finally embraced how iconic that can was. lol

Surprised they never did a promotion like that before.
Wonder if that can prop replica could become a possibility one day if they are game for lending the brand name for the cross-promotion.

Hmm....
Old 06-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #28
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Yup, rainbow raptors.

It's all good if you like them, I understand for sure. I just prefer JP and TLW designs a lot more.

Love the Barbasol promo!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #29
CallMe_Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post

Yup, rainbow raptors.

It's all good if you like them, I understand for sure. I just prefer JP and TLW designs a lot more.

Love the Barbasol promo!
Lol. Well I proudly support the 'rainbow' Raptors!

Haha!

Hell, even the Lost World Raptors had more elaborate color so I'm with you there. I'll take a Raptor bust for each film if they offer them all.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:43 PM   #30
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Make John Hammonds cane please!
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote