Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #211
qz33
Baron Zemo

The base makes this from yet another Iron Man with an even more simplistic suit to one of the best Iron Man statues.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #212
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The base makes this from yet another Iron Man with an even more simplistic suit to one of the best Iron Man statues.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #213
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
I'm sure the base will be great, I'm hoping that Iron Man himself will make this one of the best Iron Man statues out there.
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #214
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Yeah it really does.

One of the things I love about the SS Classic comiquette is the flag....things like that are what seperate the characters that have been done time and time again.

Quote:
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #215
rebirthz
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Cant imagine if the ultrons were done with a good metallic finish. Woo hoo!
rebirthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #216
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I agree. I also love the Koto one but I dislike the lack of painted eyes in the masked portrait.

The Bowen Classic Museum and the Hard Hero are also favorites of mine, and thankfully the eyes are painted.

Seriously......this is what I consider classic Ironman to look like. I'm guessing xm studio may have felt it was necessary to add the detailed chest which imo looks fine but it is by no means classic ironman. To me it looks more like an evolved classic ironman ......again it still looks amazing....I feel the same thing is happening with Kraven and his tights...(but we'll leave that in the Kraven thread)........
anyway...this will be an amazing piece....i'm in for it........I just want XM studio to know that as amazing as this piece will be.....it is not classic ironman.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:48 AM   #217
majestic1
Marshal Law
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Seriously......this is what I consider classic Ironman to look like. I'm guessing xm studio may have felt it was necessary to add the detailed chest which imo looks fine but it is by no means classic ironman. To me it looks more like an evolved classic ironman ......again it still looks amazing....I feel the same thing is happening with Kraven and his tights...(but we'll leave that in the Kraven thread)........
anyway...this will be an amazing piece....i'm in for it........I just want XM studio to know that as amazing as this piece will be.....it is not classic ironman.
I agree, the XM version is clearly a modern suit fashioned to look classic, the joints in the knees, the sections on the torso, the fine details, etc are more functional but they just aren't the classic, the charm of the classic is the retro sci-fi design with the skin tight look, yes it didn't make much sense but to me it will always be the best looking suit featured during the best storylines.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:07 AM   #218
Chug
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I agree, the XM version is clearly a modern suit fashioned to look classic, the joints in the knees, the sections on the torso, the fine details, etc are more functional but they just aren't the classic, the charm of the classic is the retro sci-fi design with the skin tight look, yes it didn't make much sense but to me it will always be the best looking suit featured during the best storylines.
And this is exactly why I really like the XM concept (the 3D wip doesn't look as good yet), and why I'll never buy a Classic Iron Man statue. I really hope they're gonna stay true to their concept and not go towards the skin tight and simplistic suit.
Chug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #219
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Promising indeed. I think the chest and a few details make him look more extremis than classic right now.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:57 AM   #220
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

What's up with the Sam Pepper picture at the end? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote