Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #4171
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

Hi Alex, a couple of questions...

1. Has it been confirmed if the Supergirl PF was getting reworked? (head sculpt, saluting arm)

2. Igo once mentioned we may get a variant of Black Queen off the Emma Frost sculpt. Since she is now sold out and at WL do you think it's going to happen? Any plans?

3. Do you know anything about any future Birds of Prey PFs (Black Canary, Huntress) or a Nightwing PF?

Thank you!
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #4172
risingstar
Jedi Order

Does Sideshow have any plan to revisit other older sold out PF releases (e.g., Sabertooth PF) and reproduce them fully painted without the mixed media cloth? If SS can do it with Sabertooth, it stands to reason that all bets could be off with any earlier sold out release which used cloth as well?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:56 PM   #4173
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Does Sideshow have any plan to revisit other older sold out PF releases (e.g., Sabertooth PF) and reproduce them fully painted without the mixed media cloth? If SS can do it with Sabertooth, it stands to reason that all bets could be off with any earlier sold out release which used cloth as well?
Any relation between this question and a recent pic surfaced on Facebook with a famous dude sitting on his chair and being redone in full sculpt is completely by chance I guess
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:23 PM   #4174
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but WHY exactly did SS stop the Disney PF line? They were some of the best SS produced. Those figures needed to get out in the parks & resorts, D23, Disney Catalog, etc. to get exposure to the enormous fan base. To those inside the offices who don't believe a Snow White PF would sell, remind them that Snow White was able to make the Hulk and Vader her beatch.
I was actually never told why the line didn't continue, so I really do not know the reasons as to why the line stopped, sorry. Getting them into the parks (at the time we were making them) was not possible due to what could and couldn't be sold in the parks at that point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm3849 View Post
Hi Alex,

it's so quiet since Deathwing went up for PO in Janurary. The page still shows Oct-Dec 2015 for shipping... Any chance to really have him in this time frame? I don't trust you since I saw so many items pushed back X times :P
As of now Deathwing is still estimated to ship in that time frame. That could always change for various reasons but for now it's still on track for that time frame as I type this response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringKeyRhythm View Post
Looking at the full sculpt new spidey line and upcoming wolverine and sabretooth, I can't help but feel that sideshow is starting a new Marvel pf line with full sculpt statues. Can anyone care to expand on this or perhaps clarify?
Full sculpt and mixed media will exist within the Marvel line for the foreseeable future. Whether a piece will be fully sculpted or have cut and sew elements will be decided on a piece by piece/character by character basis.
Currently there are more fully sculpted items then those with mixed media elements for sure though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermn619 View Post
Hi Alex! I checked the fourm back to 7-8-2015, and I did not see this question.....

Will any on the Masters of the Universe statues go on preorder this year???

Which one will be first?

Will AquaMan have a second portrait?

Will Death from COTD go up for sale this year?

Thank you for your time
He-Man is the expected first piece to Pre-Order this year. Skeletor should be this year as well but given the paint updates occurring on him he could always push into early 2015 for Pre-Order.

I haven't seen the fully done Aquaman prototype, so I really do not know if a second portrait will be included or not.

Death will more than likely not be up for Pre-Order this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex!
1. Any chance of seeing the return of Star Wars Mythos line?
2. Are there any other Star Wars OT Premium Formats in the works or just new Force Awakens stuff for the next year? Would Jabba the Hutt ever be a consideration? I'd love to own one!
I do not know if the Star Wars Mythos line will return. The hope was to bring it back in the future when it had to be put on hold but that was almost a year ago now (actually maybe it's been a year now...time flies).

More OT PFs are being worked on. Jabba in 1/4? I just don't know honestly. That would be one HUGE 1/4 scale item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorc View Post
Hi SSAlex, about the new Vader PF, will this figure include lights in chest,belt and base? Thanks...
I still do not have any confirmation about the light-up features for Vader. More than likely if they do accomplish having elements on him light-up, we'll update folks through a photo gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Any of your shipments affected by the port explosion in China?
I haven't heard it will cause an effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Hi Alex, I see that Sideshow showed the box art for the Siren the other day on facebook, are you confident that she will be released this year ?
I know it says Oct-Nov on her order page but these COTD pieces seem to be plagued by delays.

Thanks.
The time frames put on the site are always months that it is estimated that a piece should ship. As for Siren, that Oct - Nov time frame is the latest estimated ship time frame for her. The hope is she will indeed ship during that time frame but there could be many reasons why that time frame couldn't be hit (i.e.: port delays, unsatisfactory review pieces received, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
Hi Alex, a couple of questions...

1. Has it been confirmed if the Supergirl PF was getting reworked? (head sculpt, saluting arm)

2. Igo once mentioned we may get a variant of Black Queen off the Emma Frost sculpt. Since she is now sold out and at WL do you think it's going to happen? Any plans?

3. Do you know anything about any future Birds of Prey PFs (Black Canary, Huntress) or a Nightwing PF?

Thank you!
I'm only aware of her left hand getting an adjustment to give it less of a salute look. I have not been informed that her portrait will change. If her portrait does get a change then y'all will see that in the updated preview image that will show up shortly before she goes up for Pre-Order.

I don't believe the Black Queen will be happening, sorry.

I don't have info about future PFs based on Birds of Prey. I can of course guess that we'd more than likely explore those characters for future products but I've not been told...yes, we will be making XYZ Birds of Prey collectibles. If we do, we'll announce it through our site and social platforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Sabretooth is the only one I've been told about. When I inquired about future pieces getting the same treatment I was told no though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Any relation between this question and a recent pic surfaced on Facebook with a famous dude sitting on his chair and being redone in full sculpt is completely by chance I guess
I saw that picture. Not entirely sure of it's source but can confirm that no...Doom on Throne is not getting a fully sculpted release.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:42 PM   #4175
Rancorkill
Fantastic Four

Hi Alex,
With the popularity of He-Man and Skeletor at SDCC, is the next character already in the works? Or does it depend on how He-Man and Skeletor sell?

Also, I am a fan of the Militaries of Star Wars like Commander Cody and the Snowtrooper PFs. Does SS plan on continuing these troopers?
Rancorkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:29 AM   #4176
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hi Alex,

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but is sideshows X-Men 1:4 license on hold like XM Studio's? Will we be seeing anymore X-Men characters being produced anytime soon and up for pre order?

Thanks!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #4177
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hi Alex,
With the popularity of He-Man and Skeletor at SDCC, is the next character already in the works? Or does it depend on how He-Man and Skeletor sell?

Also, I am a fan of the Militaries of Star Wars like Commander Cody and the Snowtrooper PFs. Does SS plan on continuing these troopers?
There is a third in the works. I believe that 3rd (and any future ones that could happen beyond that) hinge on how well the first and second do.

I'm aware of one more trooper in the works right now. There might be more but I only know of that one currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but is sideshows X-Men 1:4 license on hold like XM Studio's? Will we be seeing anymore X-Men characters being produced anytime soon and up for pre order?

Thanks!
No worries...lots gets buried in this thread. :-)

We are still moving forward with X-Men 1/4 scale projects. That could always change should we be asked to halt X-Men items of course.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #4178
el_gricho
Frackin!

Hey Alex,

Now that sideshow is coming to NYCCC, do you know what will be for exhibit? Are you bringing just sideshow pcs or maybe prime pcs too? Is Susan coming to do some contests? Will be there any new reveal at the show? Thanks again for your time!.
el_gricho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #4179
chrisdeeds
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey Alex are there any plans to release any more legendary scale busts...I would love to see what Sideshow could do with DC !
chrisdeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #4180
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Hello SSAlex,

Can you give us any update on the Predator 2 maquette in particular if any changes have been made on the production piece and to be even more specific if quills have or will be added? The predator just seems naked without his quills! I would like to re pre-order this and the quills would seal the deal for me! For the price point I'm really hoping that it comes as close as possible to the proto!

Thank you as always!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote