Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-17-2015, 08:02 PM   #81
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
What about this:
switch out right arm pointed outwards and holding a gun of some sort, like he was ready to fire or firing, and switch out crazed/psycho head sculpt. This way he would really look like he's just arrived on his bike and started shooting like crazy.
I think it would be doable by doing a full switch out right arm, since his torso is already twisted, they'd only need to change how the arm is directed and the shoulder.
I haven't commented on this yet. I know this is just concept art, but I'm glad to see XM doing Punisher; however, I agree with most people who say the pose in the concept is just too relaxed. I also think it looks as if he's posing for an upcoming issue of Guns&Ammo. It's Punisher. The dude should be armed to the teeth. If XM plans to utilize the bike look then they should at least pose him in a shooting position.

I would also think since XM likes to go with a more modern look to their sculpts, that they'd want to have Punisher convey a more modern/tactical look instead of going with a 50s greaser look like what the art depicts.

The hair is cool. It's definitely a classic Punisher look, but I think XM should make another head sculpt having his usual slicked back receding hairstyle along with an angry or more serious facial expression.

I wouldn't sculpt the kickstand in the downward position either. He can easily look like he's at a full brake while shooting a firearm either facing forward or backward. I guess XM could have the kickstand down if he's shooting with a sniper rifle.

I'd also assume XM would want to go with a more modern/tactical look to his bike. I think it'd be really cool if his bike looked more like this (not wearing the helmet of course and carrying more holstered weapons and firearms on him while obviously sporting his trademark logo).

Here's some pics of what I'm trying to get across.

If XM wen with a more tactical/modern Punisher then he could resemble something like this:

The bike in the first pic is pretty cool. I can definitely see Punisher on something like that....even with a sniper rifle slung around his chest like that.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #82
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I'd prefer no bike (hold that for Ghost Rider), standing, armed to the teeth, a hardened face with 3-4 days of beard growth, and a bad@ss expression. Fight damaged change-o head and bloodied knuckle hand, and change-o guns. That's the Punisher I've been waiting for.
Yeah, I have to agree with this. The bike is going to make the price much higher and it's much more suited for Ghost Rider who imo looks so much better in the concept pic. Even if they're companion pieces it would look weird to have Punisher sitting back chilling while GR is doing a wheelie lol.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #83
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Another thing I forgot to add that I didn't really like in the concept art was that bag full of crammed weapons. Not really liking that concept at all...it looks tacky, unorganized, and unprofessional. Punisher is more organized that, man.

If he's gonna be on a bike utilizing weapons, then they should all be holstered or carried on him with maybe a backup pistol, a backup knife, extra flash, smoke, stun, or explosive grenades, or maybe an extra assault rifle or combat shotgun professionally mounted somewhere on his bike for quick access.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:09 AM   #84
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm re-reading Ennis run on the Punisher.
Whoever says the face drawn by hive is not Frank Castle is nuts. Just the hair needs to be tweaked a bit.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:44 AM   #85
SuperJ300
Zot

When will this be up for PO?
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #86
Timothy
The Spirit

This Punisher statue is awesome.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:20 AM   #87
Comicbookguy
Hercules

What??? How can I keep up with so much PO all at once? Slow down XM....... I want your statues but no one can PO this much all at once. I do much prefer a jim lee style head. Please XM make 3 COH like venom! I want options the head is a break or miss for me.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #88
farhan
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Instant PO
farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:32 PM   #89
SuperJ300
Zot

SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #90
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

^My gear head buddies are going to love this. Slap a Harley Davison decal on the gas tank, display him w/ Cap in the background, old glory majestically flying above...good work xm
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote