Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-05-2015, 05:38 PM   #5501
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Mine was shipped. I should have it this week.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #5502
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
Mine was shipped. I should have it this week.
Marker....PREPARE FOR GLORY!!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #5503
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
You guys that still don't have yours yet I feel for you. Being in limbo like that must suck.
Got it few weeks ago and to be honest Mark deserve an apology.
This thing is heavy and I can imagine shipping few piece per week could be a tough chore

Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #5504
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hey Rainy, great pics and glad you came to your senses, lol
Yeah, shipping these out is no joke for an individual, people tend to forget about it.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #5505
Mace Handowan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Great pics Rainy. I have also received my Magneto a few weeks ago. However, upon inspecting the statue I have noticed that there is an unusal large gap between the suit and the collar piece of the statue.

Taking a look at your pictures, there is a huge difference. Not only is your collar piece sitting much closer to the V-shaped bars, there are also no "texture" holes between the upper end of the suit and the collar.

I have already contacted XM Studios with regard to this issue, but Bryan told me that this is not considered a faulty piece but more a "slight variation". In my opinion, this is clearly a faulty piece where the factory tried to cover up a production mistake by adding additional "texture" holes and elongating the V-shaped bars. This is definitely not the quality I am expecting from XM Studios and I currently have a total of 6 XM statues in my collection.

What is your opinion? Would you accept such a piece? Right now, I am more than unhappy...
Mace Handowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 PM   #5506
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm not seeing the issue.... both pictures look fine to me, only different I can see is on one picture they didn't run the dots all the way to the collar and on the other they did... which one is yours?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #5507
Mace Handowan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mine is the upper one. These "texture" holes were added afterwards as these are normally not there, at least I never seen them on other pieces where pictures were posted on these Boards. Take a closer look at the V-shaped bars. The one on mine are way longer as there was some additional length "added". You can also see the huge gap when you compare the distance between the clasps on the left and right side to the collar piece. On Rainy's piece, these sit flush with respect to the collar, on mine there is a considerable gap. I mean: Come on, they added some additional holes and they did not do a good job there either if I might say so...
Mace Handowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #5508
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Handowan View Post
Mine is the upper one. These "texture" holes were added afterwards as these are normally not there, at least I never seen them on other pieces where pictures were posted on these Boards. Take a closer look at the V-shaped bars. The one on mine are way longer as there was some additional length "added". You can also see the huge gap when you compare the distance between the clasps on the left and right side to the collar piece. On Rainy's piece, these sit flush with respect to the collar, on mine there is a considerable gap. I mean: Come on, they added some additional holes and they did not do a good job there either if I might say so...
I just looked at mine and you are correct the v-bars are a lot longer on yours.... looks like they made a mistake at the factory and tried to fix it.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:43 PM   #5509
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Can you take a few more pics from an upper angle? I can see the added holes and the collar looks somehow rough right above the V-shaped metal thing, but I don't see the gap

EDIT: nevermind I got it, you don't mean a gap like a hole, but the fact that the collar is further away from the V-thing and clasps. Yup, I see that too
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #5510
built2shred
Phoenix

Yep the collar should been placed lower, whoever put the collar on had it way to high and then tried to fix the mistake which didn't turn out to good.