Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-08-2016, 04:45 AM   #191
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Amazing!!! The details are the best part. I set it up with 40 mins, it's a lot of parts to do.

jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:54 AM   #192
VS1976

Regret cancelling it but it had to be done. Congrats everyone that got it. Looks fantastic. Statue of the year 2016?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:58 AM   #193
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Amazing!!! The details are the best part. I set it up with 40 mins, it's a lot of parts to do.

Are the eyes on your Bumblebee purple, or is that just the lighting effect from the photo?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:04 AM   #194
jye318

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Are the eyes on your Bumblebee purple, or is that just the lighting effect from the photo?
it's blue, maybe the lighting effect
Old 01-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #195
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Amazing statue!! Congrats jye318!!! Looks awesome!!

May i ask, if you've spotted any flaws or paintjob errors overall?? i am curious at this level of detail and minute parts is everything in top quality??
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:27 PM   #196
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

jye318

how do you like the all spark?

my ex just converted and is shipping today

cant wait
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:35 PM   #197
jye318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Amazing statue!! Congrats jye318!!! Looks awesome!!

May i ask, if you've spotted any flaws or paintjob errors overall?? i am curious at this level of detail and minute parts is everything in top quality??
He is perfect on paint job, if I had something to complain, the only thing is all the small parts are loose when I instal .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post
jye318

how do you like the all spark?

my ex just converted and is shipping today

cant wait
All spark is cool, little cube and solid , it's just very loose when I put it on the hand.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #198
SONICobra
Batman

most impressive, the details are insane! congrats everyone
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #199
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This looks mighty niiiiiiiice - can't wait to receive mine!
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:20 AM   #200
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Okay, just opened him up and put him together. No time for photos sorry.

Quick thoughts:

1. Per usual Prime 1 standards, this one came out fantastic. Amazing paint app, amazing detail. IMO, every bit as magnificent as Optimus and great with him.

2. Did I mention detail? It's frankly ludicrous when you have the piece in person. I also opened up Sideshow's Power Girl and while she is a gem in her own right you can compare the two. She came in 3 pieces: base, body, and head. Then you add cape and you're done. It took 10 seconds to put her together.

Bumblebee? Umm try over an hour.

3. Packaging was meticulous and fantastic but BEWARE! Top layer styrofoam, right lower arm attachment has what is a wheel or something like that. For some odd reason the edge of the wheel is free and the way Prime 1 packaged it, it is basically digging into the styrofoam. Basically a set up for breakage and mine did come with two pieces cracked off that free edge. Be very careful taking it out and especially careful putting it back in. I have doubts whether this can be done without snapping that edge off. It is plastic, very thin, and very delicate, yet will be jammed against the foam when everything is sealed. It's a very dangerous setup for breakage.

Why would you package it again? Well, for starters it's the right lower arm attachment where you attach the different hands. For me, I would never display Bumblebee without his cannon and that is what this part replaces. So it'll basically never see the light of day.

However, due to the danger of breakage, my advice is once you check for damage and find none is NOT to put it back because you will l likely break it doing that. Leave it out on the base or put it somewhere else. Otherwise you're going to have to gently lay the piece down and then gouge out a chunk of the foam where the edge of that wheel thing is digging in so there is no pressure against it.

Overall, it's amazing and I'm really glad I didn't cancel it. Prime 1 just got lots of licenses but their work on the Bay Transformers remains their standard because nothing else really comes close to the incredible complexity, intricacy, and detail of these things. I thought I'd never see a piece to equal the original Optimus but Bumblebee comes pretty darn close.

Pictures will be coming in soon but for those of you who bought it, just be careful handling him. Take your time and hold only by what you are SURE are solid parts. He has lots of intricate little areas that can snap off easily from weight of the piece alone. And remember that lower right arm attachment. That is the one and only area that is likely to break during shipping because of the placement of it so be sure to check it first. That was the only issue where I had damage.

I'll need to look at mine.

This is as far as I got

If all Prime1 pieces have the same quality, holy crap.... I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY ARKHAM PIECES!!!!!!
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote