Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #4881
Falkor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Alex, I remember reading somewhere that Sideshow has or had a type of membership for people that spent an absurd amount with SS, and once you hit that target amount ( I think it was like 50 grand) you could then be eligible for further discounts. Any truth to that? Thanks!
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #4882
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Dear Alex,
Are you aware of any new comic Hulk PFs in the works? I would want a SS Hulk pf with an action mad pose.
The Hulk/Wolvie dio is the only Hulk project I'm aware of at this time. Doesn't mean more aren't coming in the future though (Hulk is so beloved after all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, I remember reading somewhere that Sideshow has or had a type of membership for people that spent an absurd amount with SS, and once you hit that target amount ( I think it was like 50 grand) you could then be eligible for further discounts. Any truth to that? Thanks!
No such program exists at this time. But who knows what could happen in the future. :-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #4883
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The Hulk/Wolvie dio is the only Hulk project I'm aware of at this time. Doesn't mean more aren't coming in the future though (Hulk is so beloved after all).
That is cool!!

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #4884
khrisc
The X-Men

Alex when can we see the Hulk vs Wolvie dio??
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #4885
jokecool
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Alex,

Do you know if T of Lady Death, Ms Marvel and Phoenix PF are on good track? are they still expected to be released in their original time frames? Thanks!
jokecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:29 AM   #4886
showboat
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Alex

With the Chinese production price of statues constantly rising, qc problems etc. wouldn’t it make sense to invest in a US production facility. Companies like hot toys control their whole value chain process from start to finish and have their own production factories.
If SS invests in a production factory in the US, SS can essentially offer services to other companies including production line manufacturing services, 3d printing services, prototype painting... There are also many other Fx/movie schools/companies in the US that might use your prospective services.
The quality of your product will definitely increase, you will be able to create artistic jobs and skills won’t be lost to outsourcing. I understand that your bottom line profit might take a hit but isn’t it worth investigating another business model than simply outsourcing the heart of your product?
showboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:18 AM   #4887
paco1977
Frackin!

Hola Alex, sabe si hay planes para hacer un Iron Man clásico? Muchas gracias.
paco1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:28 AM   #4888
Naked sloth
Doh!

Alex, I would like to know why shipping cost is a flat rate as $100 in the case of a classic TV series Batman & Catwoman? Will you keep to apply for a flat rate shipping?
Naked sloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #4889
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hi SideshowAlex,

I would like to know, if the character Obi-Wan Kenobi is planned in the Premium Format line? Or in an another line of your products?

Thank you.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:52 AM   #4890
Python
Omega Red

Hi Alex, are the shipping prices a mistake on the new Batman and catwoman PF's? They are both showing as $100 which is significantly higher than what we usually pay. My very large/heavy P2 maquette for instance was $40 shipped to the UK. Sideshow have always been very kind to us international folk when it comes to shipping costs, this is very much appreciated and helps a little with all of the extra charges we face. I know I wouldn't be able to order nearly so much without the discounted shipping costs. Is this helpful policy changing or were they just listed incorrectly? Thanks.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote