Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-13-2016, 05:33 AM   #381
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

I wonder if there will be any annoucements about the motu statue line Jerry was talking about with another company at SDCC??????????
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:19 AM   #382
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

That's cool to know there is another compagny who will take care of MOTU, but Jerry made so awesome statues, I would love he is keeping going with Filmation and Mixed Media.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:46 AM   #383
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Anyone remember this interview published August 20, 2015?

5. What else can fans expect to see next in the MOTU line?

More ! As mentioned above we have the Classic Skeletor and Panthor coming to go with the He-Man and Battlecat, and as long as sales stay strong, which they are, we will try another character in the Classic style…perhaps Clawful or Whiplash. For the Filmation line we recently include She-Ra Princess of Power into our license so we have Hordak, She-Ra and others coming soon, but we wont leave out the traditional MOTU characters. The next one up is a denizen of the Crystal Sea.

Not sure when sales went soft for the Classic style line since there was never another preorder.

And Filmation? Hordak EX with ES 350 and She-Ra EX with ES 250 both sell out faster than most of their predecessors.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:07 AM   #384
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I remember a lot of posts like that. Made the possibilities seem endless. The whole thing stinks. Will not make the same mistake again. My statue collecting days are pretty much finished.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:25 AM   #385
Rob N. Banks
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The She-Ra EX is still in stock though
Rob N. Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:47 AM   #386
foots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob N. Banks View Post
The She-Ra EX is still in stock though
No it isn't. Try adding it to cart.

It sold out in 12 days according to Jerry. Soft sales.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:01 AM   #387
foots

This is the one that is really hard to swallow:

7/26/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
As usual , you are correct.

The combo was what was important to me. Everything else is gravy. Doesnt matter if the others sell out or not.

Theres a weird, non-understanding of economics that seems to happen on collectibles forums where people feel that if something doesnt sell out its a failure. I heard the same thing on Kotal Kahn.

If I set the ES at 300 and it sells out, we make less than if I set it at 800 and we sell 500 of the 800.

Obviously if we only get orders for 500 thats where we stop the production. PCS NEVER makes more than we get orders for.
4/10/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
This is really an unfortunate situation for all of us, myself included.

I just dont think we are going to continue with the 1:4 Skeletor/Panthor.

You have to understand that while the combo sets sold well, the separate pieces sold very poorly. The combo sets alone do not make the line profitable. We needed good sales on the separate pieces as well.

In addition , there is the issue with now knowing what the real cost of these are to make and realistically a price of $750 for Panthor and $550 for Skeletor.

With Sideshow in the market and selling more of their He-Man and Skeletor than we did ours, I believe the public has spoken and what they want is a modern interpretation of the characters with crazy details.

Even our realistic He-Man was still intended to be very Filmation based and true to the original designs. We actually worked very hard to NOT stray too far from the original source art, but what we learned is we should have gone much further. Sideshows barely has any connection to the original designs yet still sold way better than ours. Again, the market has spoken.

Compounding this are my distributors telling me that with Sideshows He-Man and Skeletor out there, they dont feel theres room for my 1:4 Skeletor. So i dont even have retailers support.

I think our He-Man & Battlecat will display very nicely without a companion Skeletor and Panthor. I dont think not having a Skeletor in any way degrades the He-Man/BC.

Having said all that, my retailers and distributors are telling me a 1:3 Skeletor and He-Man re-designed in a modern way, might do well, and as an artist the challenge of doing that is very appealing. But Im hesitant to spend the time and money on a 1:3 set (we would only do it as a set) after being so let down on the 1:4 He-Man sales.
Let's not forget that EX Battlecat more than likely sold more units than any EX Filmation statue and He-Man had no EX.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:24 AM   #388
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Hey buddy I quoted one of your post in " the official ask for PCS" in order to have a reply from Jerry regarding this.
I am so sad and a lot of fans are, he confirms he won't continue with Skeletor panthor and Mer-man for both MOTU lines he was making.
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #389
Timothy
The Spirit

Thank you, foots...

bObA_fEtt_Ox, please edit your question and add the 7/26/15 quote. It is a stronger quote to make your point. The "combo" was an exclusive and only sold on the PCS website. Therefore, it should not matter if other retailers were not able to sell the individual non-exclusive pieces. Let Jerry explain to us about the "weird, non-understanding of economics" if ONLY the combos were important to him and that "[e]verything else is gravy".

Last edited by Timothy; 07-16-2016 at 08:40 AM. Reason: clarity
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #390
BDoggWhite
Birdman

I understand it's a business, but I'm greatly disappointed in the turn of events. So much so that I'm near the point of regret in paying for the He-Man/Battlecat combo in full at PO. Perhaps having it in hand will change my tune, but was planning on having a display solely for the He-Man/Battlecat and Skeletor/Panthor.
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote