Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 07-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #21
grphyx1
Kingpin

I love her ever since I saw her in one of my absolute favorite movies... "The piano". Still my favorite soundtrack to date
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #22
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I like this pin-up statue more than the Black Canary that Sideshow just released. Do they have a pin-up line or is this the only one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
She's a really underrated actress (Margaret and Trick 'r' Treat were great, but True Blood killed that career momentum shortly after.) I was really young when the X-Men movies came out, so of course I had a huge crush on her.
What's wrong with True Blood? I've only seen the first few seasons.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:14 PM   #23
grphyx1
Kingpin

I think the first two or three seasons were great the last few were a bit of a mess. then again I think I only watched three and part of season four.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #24
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think the first two or three seasons were great the last few were a bit of a mess. then again I think I only watched three and part of season four.
I dropped off mid-third, but I remember enjoying the first quite a bit. I was more referring to its reputation, which is similar to Dexter in that people went from loving to actively hating it in the later seasons. I want to check out The Piano, but I'm so slow on film-watching these days. I bought someone's entire Criterion Blu-ray collection last month and have watched 1.5 out of, like, 50 of them.

Glad to know another fan of this statue, ReplicantSavior. Attakus has other pin-up statues, but they are much smaller (between 5-7 inches.) Olivier Vatine has a few sixth scale statues, like Cixi de Troy and Angela, which are based on his comic characters and almost fit the pin-up bill. This one's the largest, short of Pepette life-size bust.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #25
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm not sure if this is an official announcement, but Vatine posted this picture of a potential variant. I'm not usually pissed about variants, but this should've been announced with the original so we had the option of choosing before placing a non-refundable deposit elsewhere. Luckily I prefer the original.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13680429_10154237862578046_4555619051800175369_o.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	97364
Old 08-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #26
grphyx1
Kingpin

I'm kinda annoyed with this whole variant thing. don't advertise strictly limited to 150 pieces and then when it sells you realize oh! I can make more money. What evs. This haiwaiian motif is nice
Old 08-05-2016, 01:24 AM   #27
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I'm kinda annoyed with this whole variant thing. don't advertise strictly limited to 150 pieces and then when it sells you realize oh! I can make more money. What evs. This haiwaiian motif is nice
Exactly. I also like the Hawaiian motif, although I wish the flowers weren't so obviously pasted on. I still haven't seen this variant confirmed anywhere. All that matters is the original is only a month or two off at this point
Old 08-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #28
grphyx1
Kingpin

I don't see it on the website. but if there's a pic of it then there is a statue around the corner. Hate that I love her cocoa complexion so much:-) I hope it makes it in time for your b'day!
Old 08-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #29
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I don't see it on the website. but if there's a pic of it then there is a statue around the corner. Hate that I love her cocoa complexion so much:-) I hope it makes it in time for your b'day!
My wallet doesn't but thanks! I also like the darker complexion, although I think the original's blonde hair allows the light to show off the stylized hair sculpt more than the black. If they had mirroring poses (similar to Sideshow's Catwoman and Classic Catwoman PFs) and I could see myself getting both at some point.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:00 PM   #30
grphyx1
Kingpin

My wallet just fell apart reading that. HA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
My wallet doesn't but thanks! I also like the darker complexion, although I think the original's blonde hair allows the light to show off the stylized hair sculpt more than the black. If they had mirroring poses (similar to Sideshow's Catwoman and Classic Catwoman PFs) and I could see myself getting both at some point.