Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #121
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

This is why for over a year ARH never showed the Ex head .I can't believe that Arahom even let that passed and he wants us to take them seriously.Keep this up and whatever good you do ,stuff like this brings ARH back down two fold.!!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #122
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
They need to stop putting teeth in the sculpt, every time it looks like a glob of toothpaste as teeth..
I was thinking completely avoid the head sculpts but yeah..lets start with the teeth I guess
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #123
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If the head really looks like the picture, that sort of sucks. One of the things to take a look at though... What was the piece? $400? And there was 100 of them? That's a $40k budget to get this thing developed, advertised, manufactured and package it. That's not a lot of money. I'm sure Arahom probably wanted a better looking head, but when the work hours start adding up, eventually you have to make a call... Is it good enough or do we scrap it. I guess he made the call that it was good enough.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #124
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

I planned on displaying the helm version anyways.. so doesn't make a difference to me as long as the helm head looks good.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #125
The13thWarlock

And the helm version is pretty well done
Old 09-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #126
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
If the head really looks like the picture, that sort of sucks. One of the things to take a look at though... What was the piece? $400? And there was 100 of them? That's a $40k budget to get this thing developed, advertised, manufactured and package it. That's not a lot of money. I'm sure Arahom probably wanted a better looking head, but when the work hours start adding up, eventually you have to make a call... Is it good enough or do we scrap it. I guess he made the call that it was good enough.
are you serious? doesn't matter how much time you spend on it. The final product reflects your company.And this is bad.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #127
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
I really think that companies that cannot nail a head sculpt of an actor and get an official movie license to make it then they should not even bother to attempt it!! Eg. Leo and Achilles EX heads is the end result.

It would have been better to offer something else as an exclusive.

That being said I still like the statue and I think with helmets on they look great!
A switch out spear hand would have looked very cool from this pose and been easier.

Instead we have a head sculpt that is undersized, not well done, and that none of us will use. Looking like Pitt is irrelevant to me, but Achilles was always referenced to be a beautiful man (hence why Pitt was chosen) and has always been painted like this throughout history. That sculpt is one butt ugly dude!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:40 PM   #128
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
They need to stop putting teeth in the sculpt, every time it looks like a glob of toothpaste as teeth..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
I was thinking completely avoid the head sculpts but yeah..lets start with the teeth I guess
I had expected the head sculpt to be the same sculpt as what we can see inside the helmet, but with a hair piece. I think the face in the helmet looks good and would have been perfectly happy with that.

Instead they have gone with something different that is much more difficult to pull off. They've based it off this shot:

And even in this shot Pitt looks a little odd.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #129
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
are you serious? doesn't matter how much time you spend on it. The final product reflects your company.And this is bad.
I'm very serious... With a $40k budget what's he do? Hey, that add on heads not perfect, let's take it back to formula, spend another week on the head scull, here's 1/40 of the total budget to get it right. And who's to say how that would have turned out.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:50 PM   #130
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
I had expected the head sculpt to be the same sculpt as what we can see inside the helmet, but with a hair piece. I think the face in the helmet looks good and would have been perfectly happy with that.

Instead they have gone with something different that is much more difficult to pull off. They've based it off this shot:

And even in this shot Pitt looks a little odd.
I can see what they were shooting for...