Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #2291
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
So..when and where is the next XM event?
Last event for 2016 was the SHCC 2016 this month. Which event is the first one in 2017 is not sure at the moment. It´s in planning.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #2292
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Last event for 2016 was the SHCC 2016 this month. Which event is the first one in 2017 is not sure at the moment. It´s in planning.
thanks grumpybear for the quick response
Old 11-10-2016, 12:21 PM   #2293
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Thank you for the answers, Bryan. Definitely helps me plan things a little ways out.

One thing I forgot to ask regarding Boba Fett - will we be able to see updated pics of this piece regarding the modified pouches? Also, have you decided to stick with the cloth Wookiee pelts, or back to sculpted, as I know there were concerns were both?

What can you tell us about the concept art we saw for the statues based on fairytales? Those looked amazing. Any tidbits you can let slip out?

Again, thanks.
Regarding Boba Fett, we're reworking on sculpted pelts as the fine strands material doesn't go well with the dynamic pose as pointed out by many. Fairytales are progressing though slowly as we're investing time and background research to not just have really cool statues but a really unique take on the world. I should have some news by in early 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Hey Bryan,

On the Mary Jane statue, will the guys fix the belt on Spider-Man, it sits way to low... If you look in the Mary Jane thread you will see what I mean..

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up - will be checking this out with the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Any chance of a Doctor Octopus update ?
Doc Oct's acutally back to full rework as we weren't satisfied with the first. But we have the sculpt in 3D already so it would be faster to get the new concept out. Should have news before Jan 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi Shorudan,

I was just wondering if there might be a chance you'd be producing an alternate head sculpt of Blackie Drago for the Vulture statue?

I think the statue is amazing, but an alternate head sculpt of Blackie would be a fantastic addition. Have there been any thoughts about that?

Thank you

Our Vulture is the first original Adrian Toomes version, technically Adrian and Drago have different body types so it wouldn't be quite right to put a Blackie portrait on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Hi Shorudan, on XM's website it says the Punisher statue is 62cm tall. I just wanted to see if that was a typo and if so what's the correct height for the statue since he's sitting down on a motorcycle. Thanks!
You are likely right sir! I'd need to get some confirmation from the team - we don't have it at the studios as all of the protos are at conventions. Will update again, thanks for pointing out!
Old 11-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #2294
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hi Shorudan, XM is well-know for their exceptional mixed media on copper, silver, metal, rubber etc. Wondering what materials are being used for the Dragon Tiger Gate statues' weapons?

Also, when do we expect to receive Mysterio?
Old 11-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #2295
memphis
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi, I'm from Europe and I want to preorder statue. I want to ask if shop http://www.xm-studios.eu really is official distributor. Thanks
Old 11-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #2296
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis View Post
Hi, I'm from Europe and I want to preorder statue. I want to ask if shop http://www.xm-studios.eu really is official distributor. Thanks
Yes, it´s the official distributor for europe.

XM Studios Europe Facebook
Old 11-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #2297
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Please tell me shorudan you guys are correcting Cables eye direction to match cyber eye. Right now its wonky as fudge.

i know to some collectors they wanna justify it by saying the cyber eye can move on its own but thats just stupid reasoning. One theyre acknowledging its wonky too and second when so you ever see Cable doing the chameleon eyes?

Its the only thing that needs to be touched up on this piece. If its a "looking at the gun" issue then change to sculpt head dirextion totally. ANYTHING but wonky eyes

it was modelled for same eye direction. This model might have been tweek to give a leaner look but the head direction and cyber eye hasnt changed

Old 11-10-2016, 11:54 PM   #2298
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Doc Oc will be shown before Jan?!?! I CAN NOT wait!!! Please tell me that it would be classic costume and the mechanical arms are similar to the ones on Spidey's base?
Old 11-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #2299
memphis
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hi, want to ask about Planet Hulk, any info like PO date, ES and release date?
Any chance we'll see Deadpool soon?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #2300
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Regarding Boba Fett, we're reworking on sculpted pelts as the fine strands material doesn't go well with the dynamic pose as pointed out by many.
Thank you for this Bryan! The material pelts were very nice, but didn't show the same momentum that the sculpted ones did. I think sculpted is the right choice for this piece.
Closed Thread