Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-30-2016, 10:45 AM   #981
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalz View Post
Just hope i can get one with decent price from the after-market...
OR hope Prime1 knocks it out of the park.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:53 AM   #982
Black_Sunrise
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
This is so f*cked up. I can see maybe one or two of us on here getting waitlisted, but so far -- and this includes off this forum -- everybody I know has been waitlisted.

And I know it's because of the con preorders. I can only hope that IF XM really cares about this issue that in the future they will state exactly how many pieces were POed at the conventions AND how many remain for PO through their site. It's sketchy as hell and frustrating to boot. All we are asking for is numbers. From there we can make informed decisions about ordering on the PO date. Hell, why even have a PO date at this point? Slapped SOLD OUT on the damn statue and don't even announce the PO date through facebook/webpages.

Can we also go back to a comment made by a Singapore resident? He/She stated that people can just go into XM and plunk down a deposit on the statue -- even BEFORE the PO. Deposits can pretty much be made on concept art. Is that true as well?

I know there are middlemen, but that's not even convention POing. It's a whole 'nother level we are talking about there. The middlemen have to eat up at least 100 of those statues (and that's a lowball guess).

This has me worried as hell about X-Men. If there are characters I have been waiting years for and I can't secure them because of this convention PO/convention exclusive issue....I'm going to lose it.
Exactly, just getting pple's hopes up. Oh, I'm from Singapore and called them prior to the pre-order. They told me that they were not taking orders via walk-in and I had to wait for the online PO. Seems like there are double-standards? Maybe different customer service rep?
Black_Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #983
Signalz
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
OR hope Prime1 knocks it out of the park.
Could be few years down the road, the wait is the killer...
Signalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:17 AM   #984
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Could be few years down the road, the wait is the killer...
I doubt it. It might come out next year, since Prime 1 showed a tease a few months ago.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:19 AM   #985
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Just hope i can get one with decent price from the after-market...
You have a better chance of banging a celebrity than securing Cable.

I'm sure they're all gone at this point.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:27 AM   #986
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
You have a better chance of banging a celebrity than securing Cable.

I'm sure they're all gone at this point.
Money talks.... you want one bad enough you can always get one. Just may cost as much as a car. Really depends on the value you put on these things. If it's simply not worth it, shrug your shoulders and move on. It's just a statue, there will always be something cool coming out.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #987
Signalz
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Money talks.... you want one bad enough you can always get one. Just may cost as much as a car. Really depends on the value you put on these things. If it's simply not worth it, shrug your shoulders and move on. It's just a statue, there will always be something cool coming out.
Yup, true...But I really want him for my X-Force team...I guess i can always hope... A normal Toyota Altis cost around usd$84k here in Singapore, and you only get to keep the car for 10 years...bad investment...
Signalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #988
Demona
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
I can confirm that this is true....sad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes it is true and if you are a prestige member you can also PO off a concept well before it goes up for PO. If I had the monies, I would have done that for Witchblade several months ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifixion View Post
I really don't see the issue with that. If I had a business that also had a storefront, I would always give walk-ins priority. That's just a good business.
Not saying it's not good business or not smart. If I had that luxury, I would take serious advantage of it.

I'm just saying that the honest numbers need to be broken down and told to people.

Something has to change, it's not fair to people who can secure this piece through online POs. And it's REALLY sh!tty to slash a retailers stock by over half at the last minute.

For a team that says they are about collectors and not flippers, this system is cracked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sunrise View Post
Exactly, just getting pple's hopes up. Oh, I'm from Singapore and called them prior to the pre-order. They told me that they were not taking orders via walk-in and I had to wait for the online PO. Seems like there are double-standards? Maybe different customer service rep?
If I were you, I'd forget about the phone and walk right in there as soon as you see a piece you want. If there is something that hasn't gone up for PO yet, test it out. Didn't you want Electro?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:39 PM   #989
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I see others are starting to share in the frustration
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #990
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I see others are starting to share in the frustration
And now you feel better?

Many are not in the license area, feeling frustrated makes no sense for me.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote